Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

ARG gas tank overfill "tech cant reproduce"

Old 01-21-2011, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARG gas tank overfill "tech cant reproduce"

So my gas tank started overflowing a month or so back, every single fill up.

took pictures even. Finally took it to the dealer, and they did their "tests" which they don't actually even fill the tank to determine the overflow... No idea what they do test to attempt to reproduce, but they did not see any problem.

so now im stuck where they cant reproduce, but in the real world (ie filling the sob up) it overflows.

any suggestions? I'm thinkin about takin the jeep back and driving to the nearest station and video recording the fillup and overflow..then driving back and showing the video in person :-\

never had any issues with any other repairs (always minor), but this in my mind is a pretty big problem and im getting SOL from the tech (not the service managers problem, nor do I blame them... but if the tech doesnt do a real world test..WTF).
Old 01-21-2011, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

If they themselves cannot reproduce the overflow, then suggest one of them ride WITH you to a gas station and be there when you fill up. It's under warranty and it is a known problem so they shouldn't have a problem fixing it once they see it themselves. Although I can't see how they 'tested' it if they didn't fill the tank up? Do one of their computers tell them if it's going to burp up gas or something?
Old 01-21-2011, 06:52 PM
cfr
JK Freak

Agreed. Take the service manager to the gas station with you.

Quick Reply: ARG gas tank overfill "tech cant reproduce"