Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering Help

Old 01-28-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Help

Ok, well we got the DW issue fixed, and had the steering wheel centered about a week ago. Now tonight the wife says that when she parks the tire are completely straight the steering wheel off centered. Any ideas what could be the problem. I can't really do anything to it since I am still in Afghanistan, so I have to go by what she says.

This is what I have
2007 JK Sahara Unlimited
3.5" RC Series II Lift
RC Dual Steering Stabilizer
RC Adjustable Track Bar
Old 01-28-2011, 07:33 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm, maybe the collar is loose on the draglink and it got out of center, have it check pronto. Other than that, either they didn't center it or she's been jumping curbs.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had something similar. Bolt was not torqued properly on the axle side of the trackbar. Over time it will egg out the whole. This would cause my steering wheel not to center when I hit train tracks or turned a corner. It probably makes a popping noise too. Sometimes her steering should be centered and sometimes it will not be centered. Easy fix is to weld a washer in there.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nwm52
Curb parking won’t be accurate. Have her drive the Jeep down a straight road and check that way. Whenever you straighten out the steering wheel the Jeep needs to be driven a short distance to confirm that it is in fact straight. It’s not uncommon to have to redo it a couple of times before it actually gets straight.
That could be very possible also.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Show her this link / diagram. At least then she will know what parts you are talking about and what to check !

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment

Quick Reply: Steering Help