Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will regearing my Jeep void my warrenty?

Old 01-31-2011, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will regearing my Jeep void my warrenty?

I just wanted to know if regearing my jeep would void my warranty and if so is it worth it?
Old 01-31-2011, 05:07 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Any mod will void parts of the warranty. Just depends on what you are trying to get warrantied, and how friendly your service guys are.

The worth is completely a personal opinion, and depends a lot on your financial situation and specific setup.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Any mod will void parts of the warranty. Just depends on what you are trying to get warrantied, and how friendly your service guys are.

And the worth is completely a personal opinion, and depends on lot on your financial situation and specific setup.
Well I was just wondering if anyone had experience with their warrenty being voided or not and of so what parts were voided.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nthinuf

The worth is completely a personal opinion, and depends on lot on your financial situation and specific setup.
Not neccessarily. Your shinney new Smittybuilt bumper can't be an excuse for the dealer not to fix your leaky transmission as there are laws against that. Now if your axle breaks and they determine you re-geared, there in lies your problem....warranty work denied.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:12 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Go back a page and look at the top thread. (the one in blue that is stickied right to the top where you can't miss it.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RRCP08JK

Not neccessarily. Your shinney new Smittybuilt bumper can't be an excuse for the dealer not to fix your leaky transmission as there are laws against that. Now if your axle breaks and they determine you re-geared, there in lies your problem....warranty work denied.
I have not gone wheeling as of yet but which gear makes my jeep to potential breaking of my axle. 4.88 or 5.13?
Old 01-31-2011, 05:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Suprisingly when i asked my dealer i got a straight answer about it, they told me it would only void the axle and diff warranty but would not void the powertrain. I'd ask your local dealer first, as said before they're all different
Old 01-31-2011, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Just void the warranty

Almost everyone on this forum has voided the warranty or most of it. Do you really think you can wait 3 years or 36000 miles to do it.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by LynDi
Almost everyone on this forum has voided the warranty or most of it. Do you really think you can wait 3 years or 36000 miles to do it.
Man........u hit it on the head! I honestly can't see myself waiting that long. I guess I was just hoping to hear something that gave me a piece of mind. I guess I am just going to have to take the plunge and just get the regearing done.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most dealers are so dumb they will never know unless you are trying to get them to fix a broken axel.

Quick Reply: Will regearing my Jeep void my warrenty?