Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Carpet Issue

Old 01-09-2007, 09:32 PM
bfl
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carpet Issue

Hello there all.......

This is my first post (i am picking up my 2007 4dr Sahara-black) tomorrow, and I wanted some advice on the factory carpet.......

I like the feature of being able to clean out the floors with the water plugs, but I have been told that the carpet is under molding which makes it difficult to remove for washing out the floors.

Is it necessary to have the carpet in.........could I just tell the dealer to take it out and put some rubber mats right in the steel floor?

Thats it for now.......I have enjoyed reading your posts.......

Ill come back on the forum once i get my JK dirty.....lol

bfl
Old 01-09-2007, 09:45 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a similar question. I was looking at the Mopar floor liner (listed on their website), which is pretty much what you are looking for, but check out some of the responses in this thread.

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the JK!
Old 01-09-2007, 09:56 PM
bfl
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carpets

Thanks for the reply........the advice about interior noise makes me think ill just vacuum and wash the carpets...........lol
Old 01-09-2007, 10:05 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bfl
Thanks for the reply........the advice about interior noise makes me think ill just vacuum and wash the carpets...........lol
Trust me, keep the carpeting unless you plan on leaving your top off all the time. Not only will it do a FANTASTIC job of keeping noise levels down, a lot of it has sections of heat shielding fastend to the bottom of it. Without it and with your top on, your Jeep will be hot and noisy. Of course, if you run around with your top off all the time, you won't notice either

Quick Reply: Carpet Issue