Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mopar floor liner?

Old 01-08-2007, 12:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mopar floor liner?

Anyone here used or know anything about the Mopar floor liner?

Originally Posted by Mopar Website
Rugged floor covering for extreme conditions. Replace carpeting in the passenger and cargo area with this Black TPO flooring with Jeep logo. Similar to spray in bedliner
Is this worth the price of almost $300? Is it a lot better than plain ol' slush mats? I tend to destroy interiors very quickly....
Old 01-08-2007, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doojer
Anyone here used or know anything about the Mopar floor liner?

Is this worth the price of almost $300? Is it a lot better than plain ol' slush mats? I tend to destroy interiors very quickly....
I dunno, haven't seen it... but if it is "Similar to spray-in bedliner", why not just mask it off and use actual spray-in bedliner? I have thought about this, especially for the rear cargo area!

-E
Old 01-08-2007, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't buy the mats!!! I ordered them and they're a flimsy piece of junk. The mats are very thin, they don't cover the floor completely, and I couldn't get it to cover the rear wheel wells like it should. The part # stickers on the mats show that they are made by Lund industries, so there not an actual Mopar part. Luckly my dealer let me trade them back in towards a rear bumper.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for the info...i too had been wondering about these. I suppose in time, i might just have the rear Rhino lined.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Graluc
Don't buy the mats!!! I ordered them and they're a flimsy piece of junk. The mats are very thin, they don't cover the floor completely, and I couldn't get it to cover the rear wheel wells like it should. The part # stickers on the mats show that they are made by Lund industries, so there not an actual Mopar part. Luckly my dealer let me trade them back in towards a rear bumper.
Phew! I was about to order them myself - and posted a message asking for pics - then saw your post! Double-phew! :-) 'Guess I'll buy the Husky liner for now... :-)

Thanks!
js.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:15 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the replies! This is good info. I'll probably go with 3rd party mats for now and spray in some bedliner in the cargo area, if it becomes necessary (which it probably will.... ).
Old 01-09-2007, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doojer
Thanks for all the replies! This is good info. I'll probably go with 3rd party mats for now and spray in some bedliner in the cargo area, if it becomes necessary (which it probably will.... ).
The only problem I keep thinking about with spray in bedliner in the cargo area is how to deal with the little trunk area. I think some sort of re-worked lid would be in order, since the one from the factory is so cheap anyway.

-E
Old 01-09-2007, 08:53 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Jake_Blues
The only problem I keep thinking about with spray in bedliner in the cargo area is how to deal with the little trunk area. I think some sort of re-worked lid would be in order, since the one from the factory is so cheap anyway.

-E
You have a really good point, the shitty carpet lid isnt going to last very long.

Its a neat idea., but had poor design.

Just remember, taking out the carpet is going to let alot of noise in the cabin... it was a very big difference in the TJ with noise

Quick Reply: Mopar floor liner?