Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

EJS 2011 April 16-17

Old 02-19-2011, 10:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face EJS 2011 April 16-17

I am headed down to Moab the weekend of the 16th. On the 16th, My sister and her family(in their Durango) and myself are planning on doing Steele Bender. If anyone would like to join, they are more than welcome to do so. When it gets closer to the date, we'll make more arrangements on meeting up.

For Sun., April 17th, I'm wondering if anyone wants to hook up to do a trail(s). My sister heads home that day, so it'll just be me and my wife. I'm thinking Dome Plateau might be fun. If some of y'all want to get together for a ride that day, let me know, i'm open to doing different trails too if you want.

Maybe attending
wsjeep
g0neinsane
justinjames

Last edited by GutlessPhred; 04-12-2011 at 05:30 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

You might want to check the EJS schedule for those 2 days.
If the trails you want are being used those days, the only way that you be able to use them is if you are signed up for EJS and have been assigned those trails on those days. ( any wanting to join would have the same restrictions )

The can do this because they have a special use permits.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cppower
If the trails you want are being used those days, the only way that you be able to use them is if you are signed up for EJS and have been assigned those trails on those days. ( any wanting to join would have the same restrictions )

i know and did. thanks. the trail are open those days.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:37 PM
JK Freak

Check this out regarding "Exclusive Use". It may provide more options for trail runs.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...usive-quot-Use
Old 02-26-2011, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

We are arriving on Friday afternoon. We would be open for a trail that afternoon late or Sat Morning!!
Old 02-26-2011, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MtnBiker4158
Check this out regarding "Exclusive Use". It may provide more options for trail runs.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...usive-quot-Use
Just remember that 40-50 Jeeps take longer to get through the trail, if you are planning a trip behind them, you may over take them and it may be dark when you are finishing up.
If you leave in front of them, they probably will not catch you unless you break down.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wsjeep
We are arriving on Friday afternoon. We would be open for a trail that afternoon late or Sat Morning!!
great. i can't get there til friday night, so i can't do a trail then. but, we are doing steel bender sat. if you want to join that'd be awesome. we are going to go in the morning.
If you want to do a ride for sun. to, that'd be cool. I was think dome plateau. Both those trails are open on those days, regardless of all the concern people keeps posting on here. If you do want to ride on sun. and don't want to do that one, i'm open to other ideas. there are plenty of other trails to do.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

Sounds great lets stay in touch and confirm this as we get closeer.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wsjeep
Sounds great lets stay in touch and confirm this as we get closeer.
sounds great.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:54 PM
JK Freak

Just remember that 40-50 Jeeps take longer to get through the trail, if you are planning a trip behind them, you may over take them and it may be dark when you are finishing up.
If you leave in front of them, they probably will not catch you unless you break down.
Well said. My plan is to leave an hour or so before Red Rockers with only 2-4 Jeeps.

Quick Reply: EJS 2011 April 16-17