Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Dynamat, help with speaker install

Old 03-26-2011, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamat, help with speaker install

So I plan on installing some speakers this weekend and I have been searching and reading threads this whole week. I picked up some polyfill and also some dynamat. My question is I have seen a thread where the dynamat is installed on the outside of the front speaker boxes and I have read where people have cut some and put it in their soundbar. I was wondering where are people installing it at? If you could tell me where at for both the front and soundbar I'd appreciate it. I will keep searching but just looking for an answer on this one. In case anyone asks I picked up the Kicker DS60;s in 6.5 inch for the front and rear.

On a side not If anyone has picked up a nice set of aftermarket tweeters that fit in the factory enclosures please let me know what you got as thats next on my list.

Thanks

EDIT: I know Im not installing it on the outside of the soundbar. I guess Im wondering the location inside. Are you installing it directly above the speaker, are you using it like a gasket when you mount the speaker, are you lining the inside of the whole soundbar. Same questions for the front speaker boxes as well.

Last edited by OFCRyan; 03-26-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put dynamat on the inside of my front pods and used Polly in my sound bar.

I installed infinity kappa's all around, the highs, mids and clarity is awesome!
Old 03-27-2011, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, are you installing it on all walls of the pod or just directly behind the speaker?
Old 03-27-2011, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OFCRyan
Ok, are you installing it on all walls of the pod or just directly behind the speaker?
On the walls of the pod. You'll need to remove the pod completely to do this.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the help. Me and my brother both finished the install at his place tonight. I bought a box of dynamat xtreme (12 sq ft) and it was plenty for two jeeps. We lined both pods for the front speakers with it and also lined as much of the soundbar as we could. We also put polyfill in both enclosures and it sounds incredible for running off the stock head unit. Thanks again for the help.

Quick Reply: Dynamat, help with speaker install