Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Popping out of First Gear

Old 04-18-2011, 10:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Popping out of First Gear

Well it has started to happen to me again over the past couple months. I do know that there are a lot of threads on this, but where can I find the TSB K28663307? I tried searching this forum for a link or just on google but I have been unable to find it. I would like to have it with me when I go to the dealership. I've brought it there two times for this issue and they tell me that 1. they did not have the problem when test driving it; typical or 2. This is normal for a jeep transmission because these transmissions are rougher than other vehicles on the road ..... If anyone could post a link or know of a place where I can find the service bulletin, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump...........
Old 04-19-2011, 05:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check post #16

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...light=gear+tsb
Old 04-19-2011, 10:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Excellent!!

Thanks Again!
Old 04-21-2011, 05:45 AM
JK Freak

Mine pops out of third evrry so often but as other members have stated, maybe I havent seated the gear correctly... Although I do have a bear of a time getting it into 2nd gear when the temps are cold. Are these issues related?
Old 04-21-2011, 08:30 AM
JK Newbie

This has happened to me for first gear on our 2009. The weird part is that it is my wife's daily driver and it does not happen to her. With that in mind we examined how we shift. She is a foot to the floor clutch person, when I do that behavior, it does not happen. All vehicles will be different, but it is a perspective about repeating the behavior by others.

Quick Reply: Popping out of First Gear