Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

U1402 - Implausible Engine Temp & P1281 engine performance AFTER dealer "repair"

Old 07-15-2016, 11:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation U1402 - Implausible Engine Temp & P1281 engine performance AFTER dealer "repair"

I'm at a loss, the jeepie had an issue a month or so ago with the p1281 Code. I had the dealer replace the thermostat and the sensor. Issue was resolved but it's back now.

It'll drop to cold, kick the fans on high with the CEL & red lighting bolt light come on. I took it to the auto shop and pulled those two codes. I tried shutting it off for a bit and turning it back on again and the CEL will stay, after driving for a bit the red lightning light comes back on and does the fan dance. It isn't TOO hot out maybe 80, and I didn't even have the AC on.

I was cruising down the freeway and had just gotten off into traffic when it came on. Before that I had been in a pretty long fast food line with minimal movement. Battery is secure, and pretty new.

I can't get into the dealer until Tuesday for them to fix what ever it is they were supposed to have fixed in the first place. I see a lot of posts about the p1281 code, but not the u1402 code. Not sure what to make of this. Ideas? Help?

Quick Reply: U1402 - Implausible Engine Temp & P1281 engine performance AFTER dealer "repair"