Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soft Door Recommendations?

Old 07-09-2011, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft Door Recommendations?

I'd like to get a pair of soft doors that I can tote with me, and use with a soft top on my 2 dr. Anyone have recommendations and good or bad experiences they could share?
Old 07-09-2011, 11:06 AM
JK Super Freak

I have them. And I really only use them for those sudden downpours when I can't get my real doors on fast enough.

I do use them sometimes as a daily door, but with the uppers on they Tend to separate from the top of the doorway at highway speeds.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:14 PM
JK Freak

Like he said. They separate at the top. I fashioned straps that hold the tops together. They are crap but I love mine!!! I use them on and off all summer long. If you can live with the poor fit, you will love their utility and ease of removal.

I'm talking of course of the Bestop doors.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had them on my TJ & loved them. They are really loud at highway speeds but great for running doorless & having them in the back for sudden downpours. I want a set for my 4 door JK buy they get pricey for the set of 4!
Old 07-10-2011, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Completely agree with the others, loud on the higway, fit isn't great, but I love mine. I go doorless all summer and have these for rain (bestops).

Only problem I have is my passenger one doesn't line up well, where the upper and lower meet. Makes it tough to assemble/disassemble. Should have talked to bestop about this but they fit together in the back before I had my spare back there. Now I use a prybar to take that one apart for runs.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks all - I'm convinced. I'll order some tonite.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

Default soft doors

I ran the Bestop soft doors on My YJ all year. (I live in Canada eh !) gets cold up here. If you adjust the doors properly they will fit right. you need to bend in the top part so that it is a bit hard to close the door and it will seal tight. I have had water half way up the bottom part of the door for a water crossing and no water came in.

I loved them ! I would love to get some for my JKU. 4 doors are not cheap.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am going to buy some for my JK. I had them on all of my other Jeeps. I remove the carpet and pull a drain plug or two because you will get some water leakage at times.

They also are hard to separate if the pins get bent or rusty.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had a pair on my old TJ, and they were the second mod on my four door. A little loud, leaky, and misfit, but a lot AWESOME. How people own a jeep and not soft doors is beyond me.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

It is nice because they can sit behind the back seat and not block the rear window. Most of the time I don't have a back seat in my Jeep so I would just lay them down in the back.

Quick Reply: Soft Door Recommendations?