Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuffy Security Deck

Old 04-21-2011, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tuffy Security Deck

Ok, so I did a thread about the missing parts, but here is my new question.

This deck locks up the truck so no one can get in it, but since I have electronic locks they can just hit "unlock" then get in there! LOL...

anyone have suggestions?
Old 04-21-2011, 02:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go doorless! This is interesting, i was thinking about getting the same thing. Can you somehow disconnect a wiring harness that locks the tailgate when using the lock/unlock on the doors? Then you could just physically use the key itself to unlock/lock the tailgate
Old 04-21-2011, 03:19 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by jaxx1671

This deck locks up the truck so no one can get in it, but since I have electronic locks they can just hit "unlock" then get in there! LOL...

anyone have suggestions?
No they can't. About 20 seconds after you lock the doors with your key fob, the electrical system to the locks disables and you cannot unlock the doors using the button on the door, which means you cannot use the doors to unlock the tailgate. Try it...it works. And by the way, I think the owner's manual even references the process.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

anyone have suggestions?
I suppose they can, if they have your keys. My suggestions, don't lose your keys!
Old 04-21-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

anyone have suggestions?
Use yor key to lock the doors after about 30 seconds u cant reach in and manually unlock. The doors
Old 04-21-2011, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet... I will try that tomorrow! This is good news cause I was gonna just start cutting wires until something stopped working!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

You're fine. The area is inaccessible as stated above.

What is lovely is that if you go around without your doors alot (I do) you will "lock" your Jeep so that nobody can get into the trunk and then you'll forget all about it till you get home later and go inside and lay your keys down. THEN, later that evening you'll walk back outside, remembering that you need something in the trunk aaaaaand you will be locked out until you go BACK inside and get your keys.

I only do this about 10 times per week. You'd think I would learn.

The good news is...the Security Deck is secure...as advertised!

Quick Reply: Tuffy Security Deck