Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anyone using an Infinity Basslink for a sub?

Old 05-07-2011, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using an Infinity Basslink for a sub?

I know everyone is gonna say do a search but I am browsing from my phone at work so I gotta rule out the option. Now on to the question...

Anyone running the Infinity Basslink? I have a 2010 2 door sport. I replaced the crappy base speakers with the 77kick10's at all 4 locations (2 in the dash, 2 in the soundbar). Now its getting to be decision time on a sub. I was going to do the matching kicker sub and amp but it is pretty pricey (cheapest I found was around $600).

I like the Basslink bc its pretty cheap, roughly about the same specs as the kicker sub, and its small so I'm not wasting my whole trunk on a sub box.

Questions...

Those of you running a Basslink can you actually hear it? At highway speeds? Would you recommend it? Which do you guys think I should get? Will a Basslink fit under either the driver or passenger seats? Are their any known subs to fit under the front seats? Should I just not even do a sub and save the cash for something else?

Thanks for any input!
Old 05-07-2011, 09:59 AM
JK Newbie

I'm in an identical situation as you are. Mopar speakers (although not installed) and want an amplified sub. The basslink or basslink II have been my favorite options but I want something hidden, they are pretty large for my 2 doors hatch area. If i knew that they fit where the optional infinity sub went i'd order one and figure out a way to sort of cover it but even then im worried about theft. This is why I'm looking into a shallow depth sub for under the seat.

Given the kenwood ksc-sw10 some thought, the boss series of subs (although they are garbage as far as longevity, way too many reviews of going out) and the blaupunkt 200a which is discontinued. This wont be as powerful as the basslink but are still a step up.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I figured if I could get something under 1 or both front seats they don't need to have a ton of power just bc they are right there. In the same sense I feel like a basslink might be under powered to have in the trunk and feel like you wouldnt hear much of that 200 or 250 watts. Anyone have any first hand accounts?
Old 05-07-2011, 10:12 AM
JK Newbie

I current have used the basslink for about 4 years in my Acura tsx in the trunk and it thumps hard for its size! You shouldn't have problem with a soft or hard top two door with the top on... I would run two if your going topless a lot!

But, in my JKU I'm running 2 shallow mount low profile pioneers 10s @ 750watts and it's more than enough with the tops on or off.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I am typically topless from May until late September and even still only run a soft top.

Where did you mount those shallow mount pioneers?

Also...I do have a 600 x 1 Diamond d3 amp collecting dust from my old car if anyone has any ideas for me as well
Old 05-07-2011, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ludski...I'm gonna send you a pm. I just wanna pick your brain on a few things.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chicago jk fan
I'm in an identical situation as you are. Mopar speakers (although not installed) and want an amplified sub. The basslink or basslink II have been my favorite options but I want something hidden, they are pretty large for my 2 doors hatch area. If i knew that they fit where the optional infinity sub went i'd order one and figure out a way to sort of cover it but even then im worried about theft. This is why I'm looking into a shallow depth sub for under the seat.

Given the kenwood ksc-sw10 some thought, the boss series of subs (although they are garbage as far as longevity, way too many reviews of going out) and the blaupunkt 200a which is discontinued. This wont be as powerful as the basslink but are still a step up.
I have a blaupunkt 120a and love it!
Old 05-08-2011, 04:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a Basslink in my two for several years. It thumped hard for it's size, did not take up alot of room, and was damn near water proof. I got it wet many times to the point where I was sure it was ruined. It always bounced back. Strongly recommend

Quick Reply: Anyone using an Infinity Basslink for a sub?