Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Is it necessary to carry a weapon off road?

Old 10-24-2011, 05:15 AM
jdk
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it necessary to carry a weapon off road????? No it is not necessary to carry a weapon off road or anywhere. But if a LIFE or DEATH decision is going to be made I want my vote counted first.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Glock 17 on my side 24/7 since '99.... well, except for the time i've spent in foreign countries then it was an M9.

over the years i've been very glad to have had my combat tupperware with me. i can't honestly imagine going into the woods without a gun.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LynDi
I carry a weapon all the time, it has nothing to do with on or off road. I might need it. AND the Cops are just to heavy to carry around for very long.
That's what tow-straps are for...
Old 10-24-2011, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by firefighter53111
I live in Nj. If your not in law enforcement you can't carry.
Sorry man!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SLVR07
What and why do you carry a weapon when off road?
The real question should be how many and off road, on road, on foot, does not matter, we are quickly becoming a 3rd world shithole.

For those that say "I live in XX and it's against the law" I say read the 2nd, then tell me you'd rather be carried by six than judged by 12.

If that doesn't work, MOVE!!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slob

A 22 is good for small game and a secondary last ditch back up
44 is great for the wilderness. A 44 can take down not only the 2 legged predators but the 4 legged as well.
a .357 mag is a great gun if made by a good manufactor If i didn't carry my 45 i would carry a 357 and a 38 is just a little bit weeker 38

Take something anything just make sure your trained and ready.
Know your local rules and regulations. If you can't or won't carry a firearm carry good pepper spray and something else.
I carry a Ruger GP100 (.357/.38) at all times. I also rarely go off road without another with me, especially of it's for long periods of time such as camping/hiking. There's alot of wildlife out here in TX (on and off road). So taking all precautions; firearms, never going alone, ample supplies, etc. should be paramount. I love animals as much as the next guy but I'll be damned if I let a mountain lion, bear or rattle snake keep me from going home or enjoying the rest of my trip.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:48 AM
JK Freak

thats one thing i miss about TX being able to carry anywhere anytime here in MA its such a PIA to be able to carry they make it so basicly only the cops can carry. And even then they still give you a harde time if you have it in your vehicle
Old 10-26-2011, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Canada

Here in Canada, we aren't allowed to carry around guns. I'm actually really surprised most of you carry one around all the time. I don't think I have ever shot a gun, or even held one.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Xdm in 40 cal
Old 10-26-2011, 07:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Robar
You do whatever is necessary to protect your life or the life of another person.
What i've learned or been tought.

If i have the luxary, First warning verbal " Come any closer and i will shoot you" Seceond warning would be the gun pointed at them. If thats what it takes to defuse the situation its a good day. After that its a bad day for everyone and a worse one for them. No person in the right mind just wants to kill another. A person in the right mind will do it if put in the situation that they have to.

feel free to correct me if i'm wrong

Quick Reply: Is it necessary to carry a weapon off road?