Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? about ace jk rock sliders

Old 05-26-2011, 07:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about ace jk rock sliders

for those who installed these already, is it possible to install the sliders first and then install the rubicon rock rails after or do the rubicon rock rails have to be installed first? i think the ace jk rock sliders look a lot better with the rock rails so i wanted to know which order i should buy them in. thanks
Old 05-26-2011, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by deaner23
for those who installed these already, is it possible to install the sliders first and then install the rubicon rock rails after or do the rubicon rock rails have to be installed first? i think the ace jk rock sliders look a lot better with the rock rails so i wanted to know which order i should buy them in. thanks
I have a rubicon so my rock rails were on first. I think you would have to remove the ace sliders in order to install rubi rails later, but ace slider install is so easy. Literally took 10 minutes to install them. So removing them, installing rubi rails and reinstalling ace sliders would be no issue at all
Old 05-26-2011, 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Agreed. Rubi rail installation will require removing the ACE rails. They are very quick to put on, so no big deal either way.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

We went with ACE because we wanted to keep the rock rails on. You may be able to loosen the bolts holding the sliders on to let them hang down and fit the rock rails. If not its easy to put them both on and off. Good Luck
Old 05-26-2011, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

X 4.

The only time consuming part of the ACE install is trimming down the washers to fit into the rock rail mounts. Once that's done it only takes a few minutes to bolt them on.

Quick Reply: ? about ace jk rock sliders