Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 08-27-2016, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My rig a few months back, nothing new here except miles under the old tread.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3800370740.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	718.0 KB
ID:	655483  
Old 08-28-2016, 08:29 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Part 7 of our Al-Can trip is now online ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo4pbrLmIlk
Old 08-28-2016, 09:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Did you cross the river?

Mark,

That was the best Part so far ! Did you cross the river? How about the guys at the end checking out your JK, did they know the camera was on? Did you know your GoPro was still on?

Fred
Old 08-28-2016, 10:30 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Desert Fox
Mark,

That was the best Part so far ! Did you cross the river? How about the guys at the end checking out your JK, did they know the camera was on? Did you know your GoPro was still on?

Fred
Hah! You think I'll reveal what happens in part 8? LOL. No, we didn't. Ray made it to the gravel bar, and had a better view of the next section of river, which we had been told was deeper, and which was running pretty swift. Plus signs of big boulders hidden under the water. And we never did find the exit on the other side. So he will turn around in part 8.

The guys checking out the Jeeps probably knew the GoPro was on. That is actually from much earlier in trip. It is Ray's Jeep, so his GoPro. I think his are similar to mine with a flashing red light on the front when recording. Ray didn't realize he left it on; I found the silliness once back in OKC.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Just doing some pre fitting of my action packer chuck box/storage system in the back of my rig. Top box is my chuck box with all cooking supplies in it, including butane stove. The bottom case will carry more items like pots, etc in it as well as some extra clothing etc if needed. The cooler/fridge is self explanitory. Keep the drinks, food, beer cold! The Action Packers will be held in place using Swag Off road AP mounts. They are awesome setups for holding ap's in place on whatever you want. I am going to get a slide for the cooler that can be removed quickly so when I dont want it in there, we can remove it with not much issue.

and gratuitous jeep shot with my new hella e code headlights. I LOVE THEM! So nice to not have LED lighting.

Last edited by Kojack; 08-28-2016 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:42 PM
JK Junkie

Mark, Awesome as always!
Old 08-28-2016, 11:19 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Kojack

and gratuitous jeep shot with my new hella e code headlights. I LOVE THEM! So nice to not have LED lighting. ...
Would you mind explaining that? That is, did you switch from LED, and why?
Old 08-29-2016, 01:05 AM
JK Junkie

sure Mark,

I had truck lites in my Jeep. They are awesome for actual light output. However, with anything there are drawbacks. I found them to ice over easy. NOT good in my neck of the woods as we get ALOT of sloppy sticky snow in the winter. With halogen, they produce heat to melt this off. I did not like the colour of the light output. Just too blue for my liking.....and the truck lites are not even "that blue" compared to others I have seen. Also, I found that if ANYTHING got on the lens of the truck lite, say a small bug, or a little bit of freeze, etc, The light output from them were drastically reduced, where as with the halogen, You don't get that happening. The E Code hellas, with the hella performance 2.0 blubs put out close to the light that the truck lites did...(not quite), but close. I am very happy with the light I have. Here is a little comparison of the hella blub and a silverstar Ultra in my brothers expedition. Let's just say there is quite the difference in output from one to the other. Hella makes a great product.

The silverstar is on the left (dull), and the 2.0 hella is on the right (bright). This same result is produced in output down the road as well.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:26 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Kojack
sure Mark,

I had truck lites in my Jeep. They are awesome for actual light output. However, with anything there are drawbacks. I found them to ice over easy. NOT good in my neck of the woods as we get ALOT of sloppy sticky snow in the winter. With halogen, they produce heat to melt this off. I did not like the colour of the light output. Just too blue for my liking.....and the truck lites are not even "that blue" compared to others I have seen. Also, I found that if ANYTHING got on the lens of the truck lite, say a small bug, or a little bit of freeze, etc, The light output from them were drastically reduced, where as with the halogen, You don't get that happening. The E Code hellas, with the hella performance 2.0 blubs put out close to the light that the truck lites did...(not quite), but close. I am very happy with the light I have. Here is a little comparison of the hella blub and a silverstar Ultra in my brothers expedition. Let's just say there is quite the difference in output from one to the other. Hella makes a great product.

The silverstar is on the left (dull), and the 2.0 hella is on the right (bright). This same result is produced in output down the road as well.
Thanks. I'm not actually thinking of switching from the IPFs I currently run, but you pretty much confirmed my own suspicions of the LED light trend (despite protestations to the contrary from those who prefer them). I especially agree on that blue: For me, LED lighting makes things more difficult to see. I even find it easier to use an incandescent flashlight, though the battery longevity of an LED is certainly a huge plus. And then there's the cost. While the stuck headlights are horrendous and downright unsafe, IMHO, who really needs the absolute best lighting when a 90% solution would do the job for significantly less cost and leave money for a trip or other important mods? Sorry. I'll get off the soapbox.

Old 08-29-2016, 10:36 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Thanks. I'm not actually thinking of switching from the IPFs I currently run, but you pretty much confirmed my own suspicions of the LED light trend (despite protestations to the contrary from those who prefer them). I especially agree on that blue: For me, LED lighting makes things more difficult to see. I even find it easier to use an incandescent flashlight, though the battery longevity of an LED is certainly a huge plus. And then there's the cost. While the stuck headlights are horrendous and downright unsafe, IMHO, who really needs the absolute best lighting when a 90% solution would do the job for significantly less cost and leave money for a trip or other important mods? Sorry. I'll get off the soapbox.

Yes Mark. I agree. IMO h4 upgrades are the best headlights. LEDs advantage is low draw. Not a big deal in a vehicle,. More of a deal on atvs and motorcycles. I have hid in my hella 500s. Not blue,. Same color as my headlights. They are the best light I have used. I am only using halogen and hid from here on out. Led lighting is not for me.

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!