Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

1 ton jk build

Old 12-13-2011, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff76
Where did u get the highsteer arms for your balljoint 60?

Did u have the knuckles machined and tapped?
Fordtechguru off of pirate will do it. He machined, tapped, and made the arm for a good price with quick turn around.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redx08

Fordtechguru off of pirate will do it. He machined, tapped, and made the arm for a good price with quick turn around.
He only does from 99-04. My axle is an 05 or newer, came with coil mounts.

Buddy of mine who owns a 4x4 shop said he can weld the arms straight to the knuckles. Clean, preheat and weld. He was doing this before arms or kits were ever made. I may go this route.

If not I have to buy new knuckles and arms$$$. The only advantage as that it will look better cosmetically.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:35 PM
JK Super Freak

I had high steer arms welded to the knuckles on a my old jeep people told me it was stupid and dangerous I have 39s on it and beat it to hell never broke a weld on the arm.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:04 PM
JK Newbie

Default Is that it?

Originally Posted by redx08
Oh man, this makes me feel pathetic! I'm tossing up whether or not to go 35's and was stoked to make my own rock-sliders! Awsome work mate, bloody impressive. Wish you all the luck with that DOMINATING trails.

Good Onya,
Moffs
Old 12-17-2011, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Seriously gives some motivation. Awesome build.
If you don't run any of the speed sensors or abs sensors what would happen? Would you only have the ESP/bas light on or are there more issues?
Old 12-18-2011, 01:26 PM
JK Freak

why would you not want to run the speed sensors??? it's probably the easiest (an least expensive) step in putting a set of junk yard axles under your jk, and will make it much safer to drive on the highway.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Curiosity
why would you not want to run the speed sensors??? it's probably the easiest (an least expensive) step in putting a set of junk yard axles under your jk, and will make it much safer to drive on the highway.
Just a question as to how the system works. I've had my jk since it was new in 07 and always said when it's paid for I will do a swap..... Now is that time. Just now starting to research and seems like you guys know.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Unlimited5.7
Just a question as to how the system works. I've had my jk since it was new in 07 and always said when it's paid for I will do a swap..... Now is that time. Just now starting to research and seems like you guys know.
Seems like the only systems that wouldn't function would be traction control and abs if you didn't hook up the wheel speed sensors.... not sure how many colors thats going to light up on your dash.

I'm in the same boat as you.. mine is paid off in 6 months. I've already run down the d60 front end from a 01 f350 w/ disc brakes. Not sure if i'll do the rear end at the same time or not.... depends on whether or not i can find a good 14 bolt in a reasonable amount of time.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

What do you do about the rear e-brake?
Old 12-19-2011, 08:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Unlimited5.7
What do you do about the rear e-brake?
Disc Brake rear 14 bolt axles have an ebrake. Just have to mate the two cables together. I'll let you know how I do it when I get mine in. I'm having bad thoughts with my rear 14 bolt build. I'm still wanting the rear 14 with D-60 outters from a 550 like the front one w/ full hydro rear steer. If I go this set-up, I can ditch the modified tone rings for stock replacement units for a Ford since all 4 corners would have the same unit bearings and tone rings would match. For an e-brake, going this route would mean setting up a hand brake off of the rear drive shaft like my old CJ. I would go for a bigger unit like one from a med duty box truck.

Quick Reply: 1 ton jk build