Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

firestone destination mt

Old 08-17-2011, 05:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default firestone destination mt

What does anyone think about the firestone destination mt. It is a load range E I have stock steel 16 in rims looking at a 315-75-16 will these work and are they any good??
Old 08-17-2011, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had them on a Discovery. Since the are E-rated they have stiff sidewalls, so I had to air down for comfort as much as for traction on the trails.

The tires stood up well to being driven on the road. They were not oppressively loud on the road but did have some howl to them. I'm not sure how the price compares to other brands.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

I have a set of 285/70 x 17's on mine right now. I just got my Jeep and these were already on it, but I like them so far. They do howl a little bit, but I was really surprised at how well they have driven so far. Time for me to rotate them as the fronts are cupping, but I'm planning to keep a steady schedule of 5,000 mile rotations and see how long they last.

Agreed about airing them down. They are stiff - I"m running about 30 lbs in mine right now.

Quick Reply: firestone destination mt