Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Arm vs Short Arm?

Old 08-09-2011, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
yes, a short arm kit (what you have on your jeep now) would be more than adequate for your needs. if you're only planning to run 35's, i would recommend that you go with a 3"-3.5" lift as that will be all that you need and it will help to keep your center of gravity lower. also keep in mind that most lift kits yield more lift than what is advertised.
What is recommended in terms of arms? I know most kits have the ability for you to use the stock arms or to get adjustable arms. Are the adjustables really needed or do they give you better ability to adjust geometry and other things necessary for longevity of components?
Old 08-09-2011, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Long arm! That way you never look back and regret!
Old 08-09-2011, 07:38 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by EpicCosmo
What is recommended in terms of arms? I know most kits have the ability for you to use the stock arms or to get adjustable arms. Are the adjustables really needed or do they give you better ability to adjust geometry and other things necessary for longevity of components?
aftermarket arms are typically built a lot stronger, come with joints that provide more bind free flex and are adjustable. the adjustability part is what you really want especially for the amount of lift you are looking at. at this height, adjustable arms will allow you to reposition your axles to where they were and, allow you to set your caster angle up front and pinion angle in the rear. are they needed? up front, no, but, your ride quality will not be as good. in the rear, if you continue to run a factory drive shaft, they are not needed there either. when you upgrade to an after market u-joint style shaft, you will need at bare minimum, adjustable upper arms in the rear so that you can set your pinion angle - this is required.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hijack the thread but im on same boat.

im running 2.5 TF coil lift with 35' and i want to add 2' spacers

should i get the short or long arms?

Quick Reply: Long Arm vs Short Arm?