Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hieght comaprison: TF 2.5" BB VS TF 2.5" coil lift

Old 10-08-2011, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question hieght comaprison: TF 2.5" BB VS TF 2.5" coil lift

hello everybody

i don't have a lot of experience about the lift kits

i have a question about these two lifts

which one is better ? do they give the same amount of lift ? or which one gives more hieght and is more comfortable ?

is it possible to add on anyone of them a 1" or 2" body lift in the future ? I have an auto JK, do i have to worry about the shaft or the gearbox after adding any body lift on any those two lift kits ?

my plan for the future is to run 37s

so which one do you recommend ?

thank you
Old 10-08-2011, 10:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I highly recommend the coil lift alot better ride and a little more height. A body lift will work with any suspension lift it only raises the body off the frame so does nothing to your suspension
Old 10-08-2011, 11:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both will give you about the same ride height. Either one will probably allow you to run 37's if paired with a body lift and flat fenders.

I would suggest going with the coil lift - more money, but better off road performance.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Teh ciol litf is alto bettre. You wotn be dissapionted!!
Old 10-08-2011, 12:33 PM
JK Newbie

I went through the same debate earlier and concluded that a coil lift was a better option, at least for me (many folks who did a body lift seemed to eventually move to a coil lift). I did a 2.5" coil lift (RK Stock Mod) and I seem to have gotten much more than 2.5" --seems more like 3.5", although I'm told it'll settle a bit with time. I also still have the stock bumpers, so there's not much weight on either end to help with the settling.

Many good kits around. Search the forum for more info. I have the Rock Krawler kit (which I think it great), but many have the Teraflex and OME kits and have nothing but good things to say. There are a lot of options --new coils or coil spacers, kit with shocks or get the shock separately, control arms included or not-- but you can figure all that out from what others are saying. The RK kit did not include shocks (got them separately, Bilstein 5100's) and it did not include control arms (but it seemed like a good idea to get them, so I ordered them separately). Other items come into play (like brake line relocation brackets) also, depending on lift height. But again, a little research will probably answer all your questions, both on this forum and through the various vendors.

Good luck. You'll like the results when you're done, particularly if do a lot of wheeling.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by arasco85
Teh ciol litf is alto bettre. You wotn be dissapionted!!
Lol all that is needed to be said...
Old 10-09-2011, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks all for the great information

i already have this econo lift installed on my jk

it is a 2" front and 1.5" rear spacers

It also includes front track bar bracket and bump stop extensions

can i use it with the TF 2.5" coil lift without worrying about the diveshaft and the gearbox ?

Last edited by shj_jeep; 10-09-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:20 AM
JK Super Freak

You would probably want to run the spacers OR run the coil kit. Using those spacers with a 2.5" coil kit would mean that you'd end up with 4.5" of list in the front, and 4 inches in the rear (give or take). That's definitely into territory where you'd be looking at different shocks, sway bar links, adjustable control arms, adjustable track bars, and probably new driveshafts as well.

The question to ask when you start looking at more than a small lift is not just "will it work?", but "how well will it work, and what else will it effect?"

In general, you probably want to run the smallest amount of lift that will let you clear the size of tires that you want to run.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I have the teraflex leveling kit which is all the height I need to run my 33/. It's a daily driver so big ass tire is no option for me. I would run the teraflex 2.5 coil lift with shocks. If you really need 37. Modify your fenders to clear.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Kojack
I have the teraflex leveling kit which is all the height I need to run my 33/. It's a daily driver so big ass tire is no option for me. I would run the teraflex 2.5 coil lift with shocks. If you really need 37. Modify your fenders to clear.
Fender trim + 2.5" coil lift - you may still need a 1" body lift and some additional bumpstopping to properly clear 37's offroad. Planman has an outstanding write-up on how to do this in the write-ups section.

Quick Reply: hieght comaprison: TF 2.5" BB VS TF 2.5" coil lift