Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Amsoil Vs. Mobile 1

Old 09-05-2011, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always make sure I have oil. It runs quieter and smoother with oil than without.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
I've been running Mobil 1 for over 30 years. There is nothing better.

HA,HA I'm rubber and your glue.

MOBIL 1 is a good oil but it is not better than AMSOIL.

AMSOIL synthetic motor oils consistently outperform other conventional and synthetic oils in virtually every category of performance, including wear protection, extreme high and low temperature performance, foam control, viscosity retention, rust and corrosion protection, volatility and fuel economy. While other brands may have good performance in a few of these areas, AMSOIL consistently performs at the top in every category. Drivers can have confidence knowing that AMSOIL motor oils provide maximum performance and protection.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:59 PM
JK Super Freak

I haven't used Amsoil before, probably because I never seen it sold anywhere or at least never noticed it. I have been using Mobil 1 in my cars, Jeeps, and motorcycles and have never had an issue.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:05 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by warpipe
HA,HA I'm rubber and your glue.

MOBIL 1 is a good oil but it is not better than AMSOIL.

AMSOIL synthetic motor oils consistently outperform other conventional and synthetic oils in virtually every category of performance, including wear protection, extreme high and low temperature performance, foam control, viscosity retention, rust and corrosion protection, volatility and fuel economy. While other brands may have good performance in a few of these areas, AMSOIL consistently performs at the top in every category. Drivers can have confidence knowing that AMSOIL motor oils provide maximum performance and protection.
Yeah. My point is an oil can't be better than another one, if both have been giving great service for such a long time.
My engines, and your engines, have not failed due to oil issues. Therefore, it's beyond any scale that matters.

It's kind of related to each manufacturer claiming theirs is the best. They can't all be best, so the claims become diluted.
What counts is actual performance over many years.
Your AMSOIL and my MOBIL 1 appear to have performed equally well over the years.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AeroRepair
I'm wondering if anyone is using Amsoil over Mobile 1? I have done some research but am unsure about all the additives Amsoil has in it. Any insite would be appreciated? Also Amsoil states its air filters are better than K&N.
Thanks
http://www.amsoil.com/articlespr/art...thisstuff.aspx
Old 09-05-2011, 02:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AeroRepair
I'm wondering if anyone is using Amsoil over Mobile 1? I have done some research but am unsure about all the additives Amsoil has in it. Any insite would be appreciated? Also Amsoil states its air filters are better than K&N.
Thanks
Their air filters are much better than K&N. I have switched to Mobile 1 just because it is easier to get and almost as good. For gear oil I would still use Amsoil.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Yeah. My point is an oil can't be better than another one, if both have been giving great service for such a long time.
My engines, and your engines, have not failed due to oil issues. Therefore, it's beyond any scale that matters.

It's kind of related to each manufacturer claiming theirs is the best. They can't all be best, so the claims become diluted.
What counts is actual performance over many years.
Your AMSOIL and my MOBIL 1 appear to have performed equally well over the years.
where do you live in maine? i go canoeing in the ALLAGASH every summer. I Love that place.
Isle au Haut is really nice to.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone notice that the original poster, Aerorepair, has not checked back in and this was his only post on the site. Troll?

Amsoil is good but you have to find the secret dealer or buy online. You will pay a premium for it and it may be worth it but it is definitely not a product of convenience. Mobile 1 has an extremely good track record and is readily available everywhere. It's your money, time, and decision though. I usually go with Mobil 1 synthetic but also will use Castrol full synthetic when it is on sale. The brand is not as important as the weight and rating. I have yet to use an oil analysis service because I don't drive enough miles per year to warrant the cost of an analysis. I just change at 6000 mile intervals and keep an eye on the level between changes.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:42 PM
JK Freak

Side note, a bunch of my friends and I all use amsoil because a friend of mine is an amsoil dealer. I can get that stuff at dealer cost for anyone who wants it.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

I still believe any quality oil changed at appropriate intervals will offer great results. I am even starting to wonder if the benefits of synthetic out weigh the cost. Changing dino every 3k is cheap and offers plenty of lubrication. Mobile 1 is pricey and I have been changing it every 3k and it looks pretty dirty at that point, can't really imagine what it would look like after a longer interval.

Quick Reply: Amsoil Vs. Mobile 1