Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

twin piston WJ caliper swap?

Old 02-03-2014, 06:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twin piston WJ caliper swap?

has anybody done this?

the WJ rotor is about 5mm bigger OD and the WJ uses twin piston calipers, wondering if these could be swapped onto the JK dana 30/44 steering knuckles with the WJ caliper brackets to upgrade to the larger twin piston calipers

the WJ calipers can be had for fairly cheap compared to brake kits from companies that put the kits together
Old 02-03-2014, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Persoanally, I've never heard of the swap but not to say it can't or hasn't been done. Have you seen it done? What caused your interest? Just curious. I know that with enough fabrication, anything can be done, it's just a matter of knowledge and money. Good luck with it.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no i havent seen it done but was kind of expecting to see twin piston calipers already on it from the factory when the WJ had twins on it with basically the same axle setup.

i think its time to go pull some brackets and calipers outta the junk yard, shouldnt really be and fab work needed, i'm thinkin the knuckles should be pretty close to the same
Old 02-04-2014, 09:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Majik on WOL (yes I know) is supposedly almost finished with a big break upgrade writeup that he dish bed himself that will be better than any option currently in the market (other than custom fabbed).

Quick Reply: twin piston WJ caliper swap?