Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

legit mygig

Old 01-27-2012, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default legit mygig

I'm thinking about buying a mygig on craigslist, how can you find out if it is stolen?
Old 01-27-2012, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I bought mine off of kijiji, I had my dash ripped apart and hooked it up with the seller there before I gave him any cash. Make sure it works, and make sure you get the working code for it. You need to call the company that Chrysler works with (forget the name) for the mygigs as they give you the radio security code you will need before you can use it. You call in with your VIN and the mygig serial and they give you a new code used to unlock it. If the radio was stolen and reported I'm sure it would be caught at this point. Not sure if there are any other ways to find out or get the code, but this is how I did it and it all worked 100%.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks ill try that
Old 01-27-2012, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

No code needed for pre 2k12 too. I installed an 07 unit in my 11 and it hooked right up.

Quick Reply: legit mygig