Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BFG All-terrain vs. Goodyear Duratrac vs. Trail Grappler??

Old 11-08-2011, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IR Tools
Are you running 285/70/17 's? The actual size measurement you gave is concerning as I was considering these but that would mkae them actully smaller than my stock SRA's. Anyone else have actual measurements of Duratac 33's?
I ran that size Duratrac for almost 3 years. I had my speedo calibrated at 32.25 and was dead on. They are taller then the stock 32s that come on any of the jeeps. Here is a pic before the lift:

Old 11-08-2011, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

I was having the same issue, but I bought the duratracs, (they had the most plausable tread pattern for an all terrain) and I love them. I work at Discount Tire and the BFG KO is just a PITA to balance.. and they come out of balance SOME of the times as well. The Duratracs have always been easy to handle, and last just about as long. Never have I had an issure with the Duratracs at work. That being said... Good luck on your decision
Old 11-08-2011, 05:29 PM
JK Freak

I had BFG AT's and now have Duratracs. The duras are better IMO. Less vibration at high speeds and awesome both on road and off.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XBlacky08X
I had BFG AT's and now have Duratracs. The duras are better IMO. Less vibration at high speeds and awesome both on road and off.
I was thinking of Duratrac's to replace the Rubi MT's. The salesman at the tire shop said they were softer than the BFG's and would not last as long in the hot summers here in Arizona. Anyone have any experience with this. Am on the second set of BFG AT's on my YJ and have been very happy with them (33/12.5)
Old 11-09-2011, 10:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
TeraFlex has heard of more customers having vibration issues with the BFG AT's over any other brand. We really like the Goodyear Duratracs and run those on our TeraFlex PreRunners.
Really? I've run 3 sets of BFG All-Terrain T/A KO's on three different vehicles and have never had anything but great wearing, quiet, smooth, and long-lasting performance on any of them. When I bought my current KO's I was comparing between the KO's Nitto Terra Grapplers, and Duratracs. i'll be the first to admit that the aggressive appearance is lacking on the KO's. As a matter of fact I liked the appearance of the Nitto Terra Grapplers the best. I just couldn't let the outstanding performance experiences I have had with the KO's over the years outweigh the appearance. The KO's are just great tires!
Old 11-09-2011, 11:07 AM
JK Freak

I guess I am from the group that doesn't like the ko's. I don't like anything about them. Have had them on two different jeeps and currently on my truck. I will never buy them again. I recently put duratracs on the jk and have been happy. No idea how they will last but they don't seem to be showing much wear since April, only about 5k miles.

Anyway, I won't get the bfg at's again.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:27 PM
JK Newbie

I am placing a order for 315/75/R16 Duratracs at the end of next week. Or should I say I am going to try to!! Everywhere I turn to says they are on back order. Anyone know of a site that has these in stock? Or a short availability time? I've also heard the Pro Comp 7069's in 16x8 is on national back order, I was told that by e-mail from a company when I inquired about them.
sorry for the thread jack, but everything I read on the Duratrac indicates it is the way to go. tread life, aggressive appearance, price is good, decent in snow. I'm pretty excited to puchase this combo if someone just had them in stock!
Old 11-09-2011, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kgriff
I am placing a order for 315/75/R16 Duratracs at the end of next week. Or should I say I am going to try to!! Everywhere I turn to says they are on back order. Anyone know of a site that has these in stock? Or a short availability time? I've also heard the Pro Comp 7069's in 16x8 is on national back order, I was told that by e-mail from a company when I inquired about them.
sorry for the thread jack, but everything I read on the Duratrac indicates it is the way to go. tread life, aggressive appearance, price is good, decent in snow. I'm pretty excited to puchase this combo if someone just had them in stock!
You'll dig the duratracs. They are quite possibly the best in snow, and it's not uncommon for them to last for 50-60K, if properly aired, tires aligned and rotated, etc. I ran into backorder problems with the GY's and the Procomp rims. The DuraTracs are supposed to begin shipping 11/18, according to Tirerack.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kwolf
You'll dig the duratracs. They are quite possibly the best in snow, and it's not uncommon for them to last for 50-60K, if properly aired, tires aligned and rotated, etc. I ran into backorder problems with the GY's and the Procomp rims. The DuraTracs are supposed to begin shipping 11/18, according to Tirerack.
Thanks KWolf!
That's the site I will more than likely order from. Cannot beat the price they have on them for sure!
I am dying to get these things on my Jeep
Old 11-09-2011, 01:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have run the BFG's on 2 different trucks, they did seem to need re-balancing fairly often, but I had this done when rotating so no big deal. But they were long lasting and durable. A little more harsh ride than the others, a little less traction on wet pavement.
I ran a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers on my JKU and got great performance and about 40k miles from them! No complaints.
But, I chose the Dura-Tracs this summer and I can't believe how great they are!
I've run them in Colorado, Moab and all over Texas. Great tires.

Which ever tire you choose I think you will be happy. All 3 are quality tires.

That wasn't much help huh?

Quick Reply: BFG All-terrain vs. Goodyear Duratrac vs. Trail Grappler??