Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for input

Old 11-08-2011, 11:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for input

So I am currently deployed and am saving the money to get my first jeep when I get back as well as the EVO 4" long arm kit. Based on my research it seems one of the only kits thats almost a complete bolt on (I can't weld). So this lift is the current front runner but it says I need to run wheels with 4.5in or less back spacing. I have looked but I can't find the back spacing for a 2012 Rubicon. I'm sure its on here somewhere I just missed it. I am also planning on getting new front and rear drive shafts to account for the added suspension flex. If anyone has any input they could share or help me with it would be greatly appreciated since I'd like to order my parts so that everything is waiting for me when I get home in March. Below I have added my wish list thanks for any input or comments!

EVO MFG 44 Magnum Sealed JK/TJ Axle Sleeves
EVO MFG C2 Axle Gussets
EVO MFG 1015: Jeep Wrangler JK Sector Shaft Brace
EVO MFG 4" DoubleD JK Bolt On Long Arm Kit
Ultimate Dana 44 JK Rubicon Front Axle Set
Tom Woods Drive Shaft (Front & Rear)
Smittybilt XRC Armor Bolt-On Flares JK
Wheels and Tires
Old 11-09-2011, 02:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronin2120
So I am currently deployed and am saving the money to get my first jeep when I get back as well as the EVO 4" long arm kit. Based on my research it seems one of the only kits thats almost a complete bolt on (I can't weld). So this lift is the current front runner but it says I need to run wheels with 4.5in or less back spacing. I have looked but I can't find the back spacing for a 2012 Rubicon. I'm sure its on here somewhere I just missed it. I am also planning on getting new front and rear drive shafts to account for the added suspension flex. If anyone has any input they could share or help me with it would be greatly appreciated since I'd like to order my parts so that everything is waiting for me when I get home in March. Below I have added my wish list thanks for any input or comments!

EVO MFG 44 Magnum Sealed JK/TJ Axle Sleeves
EVO MFG C2 Axle Gussets
EVO MFG 1015: Jeep Wrangler JK Sector Shaft Brace
EVO MFG 4" DoubleD JK Bolt On Long Arm Kit
Ultimate Dana 44 JK Rubicon Front Axle Set
Tom Woods Drive Shaft (Front & Rear)
Smittybilt XRC Armor Bolt-On Flares JK
Wheels and Tires

Well if you are ordering wheels and tires just get the proper bs on your new wheels, who cares about the stock wheels backspacing. nice list by the way What wheels and tires are ya looking at??
Old 11-09-2011, 08:15 AM
JK Freak

I pretty much just did what you will do in March. I bought everything at once and I am now in the middle of getting it installed or installing everything at once. Your list is much like mine with different manufactures. There is one thing you left off your list that I left off mine. Gears. It will depend on the tires you buy but I went with something that is pretty much a 35" tire. You will definitetely want to add that to your list if you add big tires. Ihad to add it to mine to get some power back. I would assume you are planning to buy big tires because of the 4" lift. I added a TereFlex 3" Long Arm and the 32" tires that were on the JK looked a little small. Just my two cents

By the way, Thanks for serving and keep your head down until March. I just retired from the Army three years ago and had two tours to iraq before getting out. Appreciate what your doing.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:42 AM
JK Super Freak

I was hoping the BS on the stock wheels would work so that I could spend that money on something else for the Jeep. Alas no such luck but I was planning on running 35's but I haven't decided between the BFG KM2's or the Toyo Open Country MT's. I have ran the Toyo's in the past and really like these tires they ran well in most terrain and lasted forever, its just really hard to justify the price. As for gears I wasn't planning on replacing them till next year, I figured with the new engine the power loss wouldn't be that bad. Now with this type of lift would 35's look small on? Thanks for the input so far it's greatly appreciated and I can't freaking wait to get home and start turning wrenches!

Congrats on the retirement I've only got 4 more years till I hit 20 then I'll be punching out. I'm working on my 6th deployment (3 Afghanistan, 2 Iraq and 1 vacation to Bosnia)
Old 11-09-2011, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

U can run ur stock wheels... Im runnin 35/12.50/18 nitto trail grapplers on my stock 18's... With 1.5 spacers
Old 11-09-2011, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

these will work
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...acers-for-sale
Old 11-09-2011, 08:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Sweet I might look into the spacers as an option, hell of a lot cheaper then a complete new set of wheels.

Quick Reply: Looking for input