Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ACE rear bumper!

Old 12-08-2011, 03:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't wait for this bumper. Ive set the guys at ace a few messages trough their website and no response on a date. I'm ready to buy as soon as they come out.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:19 PM
JK Super Freak

I took delivery of mine yesterday and Man! This thing is freaking awesome! Tank steel plates, heavy duty swing arm, single handed open-with-tailgate operation and just very well thought out overall. It has a fairly broad base which is actually awesome because I can stand squarely on the bumper to reach my CB antenna or other things.

Used my existing CB right angle bracket and drilled some holes to mount it. My hi-lift goes on tonight with just a few inexpensive bolts from Lowes.

Love it! Highly recommend it!

Old 04-20-2012, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

Has anyone who has purchased this bumper had an issue with the tailgate mounting plate fitting around the tailgate vents? I purchased one and have tried to install, but the plate doesn't fit around the vent. It appears there are two different styles of this part.

Sent an email to ACE, but it is a Friday night so not expecting to hear anything until Monday.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:15 AM
JK Super Freak

I didn't have any issues, but the old vents are different. ACE opens at 6 Monday morning. Adam will get it fixed, he's great about this stuff.

Also try PMing him.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks, I am sure that they will take care of it, they seem to be a pretty stand up company.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bumper looks great and it's good stuff.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by armycop
I like the price point, but their styling is too blocky and industrial for my tastes. If I get another rear bumper, it will be another LoD rear, that's my favorite style-wise.
X2 here, great price, not so great style and bulky.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Below is the issue I am having with the ACE mounting plate and my tailgate vents. Never got a response back from my email to them on Friday, called this AM and was promised a call back that I am still waiting on. Check your tailgate vents before buying this bumper!

Last edited by BigGreenJK; 04-24-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BigGreenJK
Below is the issue I am having with the ACE mounting plate and my tailgate vents. Never got a response back from my email to them on Friday, called this AM and was promised a call back that I am still waiting on. Check your tailgate vents before buying this bumper!
I talked with Adam earlier last week. I know most of them are at Jeep Beach. Who did you talk with?
Old 05-03-2012, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

It's been taken care of, spoke with Adam on Tuesday and he is all over it.

Quick Reply: ACE rear bumper!