Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Front Lower Shock Bolt???

Old 04-22-2012, 03:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Lower Shock Bolt???

I need to replace one of my lower front shock bolts. Seems that when my buddy was helping me put on my lift he cross threaded it some how and just tightened it down. I just wanna replace it so i dont have to worry about it in the future. The size i believe is M12-1.50x70. I looked at lowes and home depot with no luck. Anyone have a suggestion where i can order one other than through Chrysler? I found it on fastenal website but i dont have an account number to use. I need the flanged nut as well.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Try eBay. They have all sorts of bolts. I found some odd ball metric ones for wheels once. Only place I could find em.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:04 AM
JK Super Freak

I think Nothridge 4x4 has a bolt upgrade kit that replaces various bolts, I'm not sure if it's shock bolts though. All I've done is if I needed a bolt is as long it's grade 8 and is long enough just buy a bolt and matching nut for now
Old 04-22-2012, 04:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys!!! I never thought to check ebay. Alot of websites have classes listed. Is class 10.9 considered grade 8??
Old 05-03-2012, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I ordered a replacement bolt from fastenal. It's M12 - 1.5x70 Din 960 10.9. I just Checked it against the factory one and it is not even close to matching. Any suggestions??? Should I order one straight from Mopar. I was trying to avoid paying an arm and a leg for a bolt but may not have an option
Old 05-03-2012, 05:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jwdanger
So I ordered a replacement bolt from fastenal. It's M12 - 1.5x70 Din 960 10.9. I just Checked it against the factory one and it is not even close to matching. Any suggestions??? Should I order one straight from Mopar. I was trying to avoid paying an arm and a leg for a bolt but may not have an option
I guess if it was me I'd find whatever worked as long as it was as strong as the original bolt
Shoot if it isn't the exact wrench size or matches it isn't a big deal. You could always just replace all the other shock bolts to match

Quick Reply: Front Lower Shock Bolt???