Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Marker light mod

Old 11-25-2007, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome mod.... Quick and painless... Did mine while I had the grill off to do the "grill mod" while waiting for the gorilla glue to dry. Highly recommended!!!

Mine flashed out of sequence with the grill off and only one light hooked up (to test it), but once both sides were done and hooked up they were in step as it should be.

Thanks to everyone who comes up with these simple ways to improve our JKs!!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 08:44 PM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mhutch
Great mod. Thanks for the info.

Should they flash at the same time? Mine flash out of sequence (front, side, front, side...). Did I do something wrong or is that how it should work?
No that is correct... with the lights off the turn signals flash in sequence. Lights on they alternate.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I didn't know about the "lights on, alternating"... Good gouge.. Anyways, it is an awesome mod...
Old 12-01-2007, 10:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK, so I cut and spliced the wires last night and it was working correctly for about half a day. Now, when I use my turn signals nothing happens up front and I just get the quick flash on the rear signals. Also, they don't even come on when I just use my parking lights. Any idea what I did wrong?

Thanks.

Last edited by mdlott; 12-01-2007 at 10:49 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:51 AM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mdlott
OK, so I cut and spliced the wires last night and it was working correctly for about half a day. Now, when I use my turn signals nothing happens up front and I just get the quick flash on the rear signals. Also, they don't even come on when I just use my parking lights. Any idea what I did wrong?

Thanks.
Only thing to do is double check all the connections on the wiring you did. Sounds like something came apart or is shorted out. That would be the only reason it worked correctly for awhile and then crapped out. If you dont visually see what went wrong, it may be time to pick up a 12v tester. If one of your connections shorted out it probably took out the fuse. Dont have the manual in front of me but I'm pretty sure it gives the fuse location.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mdlott

Thanks.

You have a short. Did you wrap the wires you cut, too? If not the may be the cause of the short.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

All right, I'll be the first to admit it - I'm an idiot!!!

I completely forgot that after performing the mod, I had gone back out to the garage later that night and removed the grill to change out my headlight bulbs. When I put the grill back on, I forgot to plug the parking lights back in!!!

I plugged them back in and everything is working just fine.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for sharing this. I just did it while I did the grill mod and it works great.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dsy
No that is correct... with the lights off the turn signals flash in sequence. Lights on they alternate.

Man this is nice. Nice and easy. It took me about 30 minutes, but 15 of those was me going thru the directions in my mind over and over until I finally cut the black wire. Didn't want to do it, but I did it finally.

Great mod, thanks dsy. Works like a charm.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:13 PM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jkinva
Man this is nice. Nice and easy. It took me about 30 minutes, but 15 of those was me going thru the directions in my mind over and over until I finally cut the black wire. Didn't want to do it, but I did it finally.

Great mod, thanks dsy. Works like a charm.
Credit for this mod goes to Daniel Stern. I just followed his instructions and passed it along.

Quick Reply: Marker light mod