Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro comp tires

Old 12-11-2011, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dougehr1
I had extreme mt pro comps on my 07 ram. They lasted only 45000 miles and they totaly sucked in snow and ice.also had uneven wear.rotated every other oil change and ran them at 35 psi.they are a bad ass looking tire though.
Anytime you can get 45,000 miles out of Mud-Terrains your doing something right. Especially on a full size truck.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put a set of 315/70/17 xtreme mt's on my rubi on friday. so I cant say mush on wear but they are a sweet looking tire and couldnt beat the buy 3 get 1 free deal at 4wheelparts.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dougehr1
I had extreme mt pro comps on my 07 ram. They lasted only 45000 miles and they totaly sucked in snow and ice.also had uneven wear.rotated every other oil change and ran them at 35 psi.they are a bad ass looking tire though.
Huh, I thought the extremes would be better in the snow. I haven't had mine in the snow and ice yet but I'm thinking they won't be very good. Well see.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:54 AM
JK Super Freak

I have run both the mud terrain and xterrains and had good luck with both. Wore great, lasted long, and gripped well. In fact my brother still is running my 35" xterrains on his fj40 and my mud terrains on his ZJ.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:59 AM
JK Newbie

hey fellas, jeep newbie here but not a newbie to trucks. ive run the pro comp mud tires and they are great in the dirt and on the trail, but they are loud on the highway. the extreme mud tires by pro comp wear out pretty quickly expecially on DD's, but the regular muds last a little longer. a few months ago i got a set of 33" goodyear DURATRAC tires and they are awesome. these are the best set of tires ive ever put money on. i run them on my sport trac, they run like AT's on the freeway with no noise or hum, but have a super agrressive tread pattern that is also great in the rain and snow which i have put them through already. they also do great on the trail, not to mention they look mean as hell. these tires pretty much do great in every aspect. the best part is i got them online on discounttiredirect.com. they were doing free shipping and no tax, and i pitted them in a price matching war with treadepot.com and was able to get a set of 4 delivered to my door for under 640 bucks! just my two cents fellas, have a good one.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bfg MT's are a great tire but for the money I think procomps are just as good. They have a buy three get one free deal going on which makes them worth it.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:57 AM
JK Freak

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sig snow 2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	249143
Pro Comp MT's handle great in snow!
I don't care what anybody says.
This was yesterday on hard packed ice at 3,000 ft in the Snoqualmie mountains. Didn't air down because I didn't need to that day.

If you're a good driver and familiar with the concept of airing down your tires you'll be fine in the snow, mud and sand.
Even slick muddy rocks have been conqured by these tires.
Search "Waterfall, Browns Camp ORV" on Youtube for this particular spot, it's much worse than it looks.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Waterfall BrownscampORV.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	249147

Quick Reply: Pro comp tires