Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2012 Door Panel Removal

Old 12-12-2011, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Door Panel Removal

How do you remove the front door panels? I want to put turn signal lights on the mirrors and run the wires through the mirror and down the door. Also, is there a grommet in the mirror where the existing wires are or is it easy to thread new wires up into the mirror?
Old 01-03-2012, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mikekeeper
How do you remove the front door panels? I want to put turn signal lights on the mirrors and run the wires through the mirror and down the door. Also, is there a grommet in the mirror where the existing wires are or is it easy to thread new wires up into the mirror?
I am l@@king to do this mod as well. If you get any info or have already completed this mod, please let me know.

Thanks,
Old 01-03-2012, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

You have to take off that grey trim piece on the door. It looks like its just accent, but there are bolts behind it holding the door panel on. You also have to pop off the small plastic piece inside/behind the door handle pull thing. I think those are all the hidden ones. This was from my 11, but I think its the same.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:32 PM
JK Newbie

Default Rugged Ridge LED Mirrors Install

I came across these instructions from Rugged Ridge on how to install LED mirrors. I think some minor drilling in the mirror and following the appropriate portion of the instructions for running the wires will get us a finished product that looks like it designed that way. If get to this mod, I will do a write up with pics.

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/129311.pdf
Old 01-05-2012, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

The RR instructions indicate adding wires. With the 2012 heated mirrors plus remote control I would think there are already wires running into the mirror that new wires could be run along side. I'll probably wait until spring when it is a little warmer in my garage before I try to take the door panels off.

Quick Reply: 2012 Door Panel Removal