Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best supercharger for the money... ripp? 505? Sprintex? other?????

Old 03-29-2015, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll chime in here and hopefully do not speak out of turn. I think the surge issue is with the '11 model year prior and after that year I think are fine. I know mine is running flawlessly, no surge in either cruise or out of it. It doesn't act up on hills or anything. I am very happy with it as it did what I was hoping it would do. Just wish I could get the intercooler now. But funds
Old 03-29-2015, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone ever bought a used supercharger? Found a local one for sale, sprintex. I think he said it was installed for 8mos. And must have done a motor swap because the motor is for sale as well. Just wondering what to look for.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 4wheels4life
I'll chime in here and hopefully do not speak out of turn. I think the surge issue is with the '11 model year prior and after that year I think are fine. I know mine is running flawlessly, no surge in either cruise or out of it. It doesn't act up on hills or anything. I am very happy with it as it did what I was hoping it would do. Just wish I could get the intercooler now. But funds
Great! I have a 2011
Sent from the swamp while taggin' a gator!
Old 03-30-2015, 01:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CajunTiger
Great! I have a 2011
Sent from the swamp while taggin' a gator!
I would still give Jon at RPM Extreme a call and see if that is right. Maybe they have gotten somewhere on it.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 4wheels4life
I would still give Jon at RPM Extreme a call and see if that is right. Maybe they have gotten somewhere on it.
Jon wasn't there but I did talk to JD? He said his Sprintex never did that and has never heard of it. I told him about all the complaints of surging while in cruise control but still hasn't heard of it. I'm gonna get a number to Sprintex and give them a call.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CajunTiger
Jon wasn't there but I did talk to JD? He said his Sprintex never did that and has never heard of it. I told him about all the complaints of surging while in cruise control but still hasn't heard of it. I'm gonna get a number to Sprintex and give them a call.
That's a bunch of bs... I have the datalogs proving that my 11 surged like a wild bull! Took it off and haven't looked back except to say it was a bad experience, oh and to fix all the crap the blower melted under the hood.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

The year or so I ran the Sprintex super charger, I had zero issues with cruise control... I did not have ANY surging.. 2010 jk
Old 03-31-2015, 11:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AdvJeep
That's a bunch of bs... I have the datalogs proving that my 11 surged like a wild bull! Took it off and haven't looked back except to say it was a bad experience, oh and to fix all the crap the blower melted under the hood.
I'm wondering if a heat reduction hood would help that!
Old 01-21-2021, 03:41 AM
JK Newbie

Default Love mine

4.1 ripp SC 14 lbs 3.8 atlas 4 speed twin stick transfer case. Stage 4 ats diesel billet transmission and jms throttle controller on Dana 60's with 538 gears with 37's

Old 01-21-2021, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbozjku
4.1 ripp SC 14 lbs 3.8 atlas 4 speed twin stick transfer case. Stage 4 ats diesel billet transmission and jms throttle controller on Dana 60's with 538 gears with 37's
Hey there neighbor! Where'd you get the 4.1 and how many miles do you have on the setup now? And did you have any seat time with just the 4.1 without adding the blower? My 3.8 has seen some hard miles and I know a replacement is inevitable, it's just about what direction to go with it.

Quick Reply: Best supercharger for the money... ripp? 505? Sprintex? other?????