Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Rear Wiper Assembly Removal

Old 11-07-2014, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blast from the past!!

Iv been wanting to do this for awhile now but need some info on the "plug" I need

What plug are people using for the top hole? I cannot find anything at any of my local hardware stores that look like would work.. Maybe I should try homedepot or lowes??

Where did everyone else find their magical window wiper hole filler capper plugger upper thingy

Last edited by swanny2369; 11-07-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rico
I dont think you'd be able to remove the gray area without also damaging the rear defroster(grid)......if you dont care about the defroster then it's a go. Just use a razor and scrape the whole damn thing off (you would have to remove the wiring from the grid of defroster also)...it is a thin paper like substance.
I never use the defroster or rear wiper in south Florida, so I removed the motor and arm. Not sure how to take off the grayed out area and defroster wires as a razor just skips over them. Any ideas?
Old 02-16-2017, 03:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Plug Size

YES, What sizes do you get. And what is it called?
Old 07-14-2017, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This post is Perfect !

Just when I needed to replace my rear wiper assembly, I found this post... Thanks everyone...
Old 07-16-2017, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

It seems photobucket won't show the images.... doesn't allow 3rd party viewing unless the poster pays $400/year.

oh well...

Quick Reply: Rear Wiper Assembly Removal