Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

NEW SPONSOR: Prodigy Performance JK Turbo Kits

Old 01-27-2012, 07:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good, CA legal?
Old 01-27-2012, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your numbers are insane and torque curve looks great. How do you plan on tuning the 2011?? Is it a real tune or just a cheap piggy back like Ripp does?
Old 01-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Hmmmm...

We've got supercharging JKs down to a science in Southern California, always wanted to turbo one. Going to have to check this out.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:07 PM
JK Jedi

Welcome to the Forum!
Old 02-25-2012, 03:08 PM
JK Newbie

The numbers they advertise pale in comparison to their track running JK's dyno. They have a link of it on their FB page showing 352 HP and 409 TQ. That is an awful lot to ask of the 3.8 let alone the transmission and driveline components. There's a conspicuous lack of video as well. Still poking around for one.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by brownimus
The numbers they advertise pale in comparison to their track running JK's dyno. They have a link of it on their FB page showing 352 HP and 409 TQ. That is an awful lot to ask of the 3.8 let alone the transmission and driveline components. There's a conspicuous lack of video as well. Still poking around for one.

Is there anything we should change in the transmission system when adding either a turbo or a supercharger? For what I read here and other places the Jeep does not seem to have a very good "spare" on those.

Or, maybe when we install one of those we already know that our Jeep's life will be substantially shortened?
Old 02-26-2012, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

There's not much you can do about the stock transmission. Add a cooler and hope for the best. General consensus seems to be that the transmission is survivable up to 300 ft/lbs. - but is it reliable long term? Wish I had the answer. I can say that the RIPP system is proven, at least. Lots of logged miles and - to everyone's knowledge - not a single grenaded engine or blown tranny. As it stands that's the route I'll take unless a better opportunity presents itself - engine swaps are a massive investment just for the power, and substantially more to make it survivable offroad and beyond. Hell, hammering a Hemi JK from the stoplight can kill the 44 rear if you aren't careful.

When it comes to adding significant power, ya really just gotta work within your budget, know what you're getting into, and expect shit to break.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are many transmission failures out there for JK Wranglers. We recommend that you do not do any performance modification to a JK without increasing the line pressure of the auto transmission. We are the only company modifying line pressure. This is the root cause of transmission failure. Manual transmission failure has not occurred even at over 350rwhp. Auto transmission failures have not occurred since our line pressure increase. Videos will be released soon. We certainly understand we are new to the JK community but we believe we will be a valuable resource in the future.

Please take the time to recognize:
  1. We are the only turbo kit in stock ready to ship at most times.
  2. We are the first to exceed 300rwhp
  3. We are the first to exceed 400rwtq
  4. We are the only company providing transmission line pressure increases (as much as 50%) as part of our package
  5. We are the only company support 2011 JK Wranglers using a full PCM flash
Old 03-15-2012, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Oh, make no mistake Prodigy - mad props on the numbers you've achieved - especially quarter miling with your beast of a drag rig. I'm sure there are literally thousands of silent forum members that have skimmed this thread and are very excited at the prospect of so much power being available - on the cheap - for our rides. We appreciate the time, energy and research you've dedicated to your system, but more than anything else, the vast majority of users are looking for long term reliability. It's a daunting unknown and; as I'm sure you appreciate - a tremendous challenge to overcome as a new vendor.

We'll all be watching, but Hemi numbers beget Hemi problems without properly reinforcing the drivetrain, at which point you're so deep into the pocket that the few that can usually opt for engines with guaranteed survivability, attached to trannys built for the power.

Nevertheless, best of luck, keep us all informed, and I'll be watching the early adopters closely.

Cheers!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Do I still need to regear my JK if I purchase the Prodigy Performance Turbo Kit?
This depends on what gear your Jeep came with from the factory. We have found the best gear with 33″ tires is a 3:73 ratio and with 35″ tires 4:10 ratio. Due to the tremendous HP gain of our system ratios like 4.88 and 5.13 etc are not necessary as the cause excessive engine rpm at highway speeds resulting in poor fuel economy.

What about with 37's?

Quick Reply: NEW SPONSOR: Prodigy Performance JK Turbo Kits