Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

AC not cooling dealer can't diagnose

Old 08-28-2016, 05:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC not cooling dealer can't diagnose

Just recently my AC has stopped cooling. Compressor kick on but only cool air comes out not the normal cold. Tired of sweating I dropped it off at the dealer where I bought it. They called at the end of the day to pick it up and said they couldn't find anything wrong since it didn't throw a code. It is a 2015 with 29000 miles. Air has always been really cold until this started. Yesterday I checked with a thermometer and air coming out of vents was 80*. Going back to dealer tomorrow. Any ideas on what it may be since tech is telling me he can't find anything wrong?
Old 08-28-2016, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask them if they even checked refrigerant pressure and leaks.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hard to believe the dealership A/C tech can't find anything wrong....
Probably should start with the basics on whether the compressor clutch is engaged, the condenser fan is running, the suction line is sweating or frosted, whether the climate control console is directing the air flow thru the evaporator....
With refrigeration gauge set connected; the suction should be around 38-45 psi and the discharge should be around 235-275 psi. These pressures will vary when the vehicle is being driven and outside air is moving thru the condenser and depending upon what the outside temperatures are and whether the condenser fan is running.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The compressor does kick in. One line is hot the other is cool to the touch but not cold. Hopefully tomorrow they figure it out. Last week I left it all day and tech said there wasn't anything wrong.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:58 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Could be as simple as the blend door not going all the way to the cold side.

Quick Reply: AC not cooling dealer can't diagnose