Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Gas tank overflows while pumping with automatic gas pump nozzle?

Old 03-17-2012, 11:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 08 did this and the dealer covered it, there is a TSB and recall on the tank from Chrysler.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cajunaviator

There is no charge for this issue. It was classified by Chrysler as a lifetime warranty for this issue. It was deemed a major safety hazard, and therefor lead to the lifetime warranty. When I had my 07 JK, they replaced it for free. Like others said, if they tell you they want to charge for this, tell them stand by while you call Jeep Customer Service (877) 426-5337 in front of them. I bet it gets fixed for free then. Search this forum and you will find a copy of the letter from Chrysler about this issue. Good luck.
Thanks for the help. I'll call in Monday.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

Mine had this issue. I have a '07, second owner. Called jeep customer service, they replaced it for free. They were great and so was the service department...
Old 04-06-2012, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cajunaviator
There is no charge for this issue. It was classified by Chrysler as a lifetime warranty for this issue. It was deemed a major safety hazard, and therefor lead to the lifetime warranty. When I had my 07 JK, they replaced it for free. Like others said, if they tell you they want to charge for this, tell them stand by while you call Jeep Customer Service (877) 426-5337 in front of them. I bet it gets fixed for free then. Search this forum and you will find a copy of the letter from Chrysler about this issue. Good luck.
Call this number! They were very helpful.

Quick Reply: Gas tank overflows while pumping with automatic gas pump nozzle?