Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Shotgun defense storage

Old 04-21-2012, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by viking
Where do you's guy"s live that you have to arm yourself's like a horror movie. I think having all that fire power close at hand and the alarm system goes off, you are groggy and the adrenaline is running, It would make for a easy quick fire by mistake that you will have to live with the rest of your life. Defending your selves is one thing, being armed and ready to shoot is red neck.
Guess I'm redneck. Had a break in few years ago and police got their before I could unlock shotgun. Never again, shotgun by dresser between bed and door and patrol ready.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

ha ha no guns don't scare me it is the idiots that have there god given rights to bare arms that scares me. Most people are sane good intelligent and logical. But the the small percent should not be allowed to hold a toy gun. All this right to bare arms is out dated. It was drawn up in the time of the civil wars I believe. Not up on American History. It is not the wild west out here any more. I agree with protecting your family and home, but to have loaded guns close at hand well you might as well strap on a colt and sling a rifle over your shoulder too.
Wow, I do strap a Glock always and sling a carbine on my ranch. God Bless Texas
Old 04-21-2012, 06:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an idea for viking, go start a thread in another forum about your issues with another country's bill of rights.

And all the people with nothing better to do than troll an obviously pro gun thread can join you. Its not your first time going this route, referring to your negative statements in another firearm thread.

Being as you are not in this country, your opinion is nothing more than comic relief and displaced rhetoric.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:41 PM
JK Newbie

I keep my 1911 at me bedside at all times in the holster. Shotgun in the hall closet. Ruger 10/22 by the back door. But i live in the country so the 22 is mainly for varmits. And the AR is never very far away.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

I'm in Canada and I completely agree with the gun slingers. I wish I had the right to be prepared for a 3am intruder. That's why we drive jeeps. I would rather have something I don't need but be prepared, than need something I don't have. In Ontario, Canada police are in the habit of charging people that defend themselves and their property.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:48 PM
JK Freak

ha ha no guns don't scare me it is the idiots that have there god given rights to bare arms that scares me. Most people are sane good intelligent and logical. But the the small percent should not be allowed to hold a toy gun. All this right to bare arms is out dated. It was drawn up in the time of the civil wars I believe. Not up on American History. It is not the wild west out here any more. I agree with protecting your family and home, but to have loaded guns close at hand well you might as well strap on a colt and sling a rifle over your shoulder too.

lol wow.. ignorance at it's best. Practice your begging and pleading now before it's too late.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Okay so your saying we shouldn't have the right to bare arms cause some idiots don't handle them right. I'm sure the criminals that break in your home while your sleeping to harm you or your family will abide by that law too. It may never happen to some of us thank god but if it did I would feel better knowing I could protect my family within that sec.

And adding on redneck part. I would rather be the redneck than the dead dumbass

Last edited by Lucas; 04-21-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:09 PM
JK Newbie

I have a claymore aimed at the front and back door. Flash bang grenades at the top of the stairs. .44 magnum loaded with silver hollow tips next to the bed. 8 man eating dogs on roving patrol. I keep the tub filled up with a shark in it. We also trained our parakeet to fight. Don't even get me started on the cats with lasers.

Oh and the shotgun is under the bed in a gun case with the locks off and patrol loaded. Full mag, chamber empty. Home defense guns should have lasers and bright lights. Surefire and Crimson Trace are great.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

You don't really know what your talking about do you!! When the United States was founded one of the main reasons we were given this right was so the people could always have guns so that if the government became crooked and corrupt the people could load up their guns and march into Washington and forcefully remove said government officials. In other words it was incase our government became what we were getting away from. Remember how we were getting away from a government that was taxing the people without due cause. Look at how much we as a country are taxed. Our government was supposed to be much smaller than what it has become. It should not take near the amount of money it does to run the government of the United States. Unfortunately our government is extremely mismanaged and has became what we were getting away from and worse. If one out of every hundred people in the US showed up in Washington right now with loaded guns we could get rid of all these dumba$$ f-ing politicians and elect good people. Unfortunately not enough people would show so I keep my guns close to home to defend my family when the government and countries finance system collapses!! And if everyone would strap on a gun like in the old wild west i think a lot more of that one percent you speak of would not be a problem. Think of it, if you were going to rob a bank and you came in and seen a crap load of people with guns would you still rob it. If you were dumb enough to try something tells me that no one would ever have to worry about you doing it again! If everyone carried guns there would be some good people that die in vein, you will never be able to stop it completely, but I believe it wouldn't be near as many as there are now by not having guns. OK I will get off my soap box now!!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:10 AM
JK Freak

I love it when people have blinders on and do not understand the world they live in. I always have a gun on me. God help the person who breaks into my house with me at home. My home has been broken into and they are lucky I was not home. My dog was not as lucky. She is still dealing with the trama, I do no know what they did to her but she went from being very protective to needing backup all the time. My wife was first home and at the time she did not have her CCW, she sure does now, knows how to use it and is an amazing shot!
Shotguns in my house, hell yes. Locked and loaded. Rifles, yeap, handguns you better believe it. Am I armed to the teeth, I do not think so. I am like many others that I know, and most of them are attorney's. Perhaps in Canadah you do not have to worry but here in America we stand up for things and that pisses a LOT of people off. So if you would like to try and take our freedoms, then by all means come on down and try. If not then stay in your country and "feel" safe. Do not worry though, if something happens in your country, WE WILL come and we will help. It is the American way and if you dont like that then don't ask, beg or whine!
I just find it absolutely amazing that there are freaking drones like this moron in the world. I know I shouldn't be surprised I do work with a few but seriously what is it going to take for people to wake up?
No I am going to shut up as I can tell I am getting onto a rant.
Before I do though, GOD BLESS AMERICA and God made man but Samuel Colt made them equal!

Quick Reply: Shotgun defense storage