Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.5" spacers - trackbar and brake lines

Old 03-14-2012, 04:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" spacers - trackbar and brake lines

I did some research here and I see some people with 2.5" lift adding track bar brackets and some not... some did extended brake lines and some didn't. I didn't see why the mixed results...

I have a 2008 Unlimited Rubicon and planning to run the RC 2.5" spacer kit and 33's. It sounds like my rear axle will only be shifted 1/2" at most... I'm not too worried about that unless someone here tells me it's bad.

Will the stock brake lines be long enough for 2.5" lift?

Thanks in advance
Old 03-14-2012, 04:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yep, you won't need longer brake lines.. but I would get relo brackets for your brake lines.. just to be safe
Old 03-14-2012, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

I installed a "2 inch" lift that got me closer to 3 inches and a longer track bar or bracket is needed. My passenger side springs are rubbing the inside of the fender because of the shift. No such issues in the back but I may end up getting a rear bar too if I notice any handling issues. Results may vary.

As for the brake lines, yeah, while we had it flexed up on the rack they looked pretty stretched and I'll feel more confident with a little more slack that the bracket will provide. It's a cheap insurance policy.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

I did a 2.5'' bb which came with relocation brackets. This was fine for the rear but the front metal lines wouldn't stretch enough to use them. New front lines were required for any descent flexing.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toofastcomet
I did a 2.5'' bb which came with relocation brackets. This was fine for the rear but the front metal lines wouldn't stretch enough to use them. New front lines were required for any descent flexing.
I did a 3.5" RC lift with the supplied front and rear brake line brackets. Worked just great, no issues!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I put 2.5" rc spacers on my 2dr rubicon. I didn't install brackets on my breaks. Mine are fine and haven't maxed them out yet and I've pushed my jeep to the limit. I replaced sway links at the rear and moved the stock rear to the front. I am putting a new track bar at the rear, just for the fact it's the pushing axle. I personally love the lift. I'm slowly going to be replacing it though. But as for break lines, they are fine
Old 03-16-2012, 04:31 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all of the feedback guys. I ordered my kit last night and added the trackbar bracket as well. I'm planning to install it next weekend - looking forward to it.

Quick Reply: 2.5" spacers - trackbar and brake lines