Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.
View Poll Results: Which lights should I get to put in the fog light cutouts?
vision-x
15.38%
Rigid D1
53.85%
Rigid D2
30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

vision X vs D1 vs D2 - fog lights

Old 04-04-2012, 02:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default vision X vs D1 vs D2 - fog lights

I want more light when I'm driving around and I want to put them in the fog light cutouts.

Do I go with vision x? Rigid D1? D2?

If I go with Rigids, what beam should I go with? driving? does Diffusion put to much light every where?

I want the most light possible but I don't want to blind everyone that's driving towards me.

Thanks in advanced
Old 04-04-2012, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up the D2's in driving beam. This is what David from Northridge has been running for the past 2 weeks, and it seems to be working great for him.

In my opinion, the degree of brightness of the light is not what makes it good or bad for the street...it is how they are aimed! The driving beams will have less scatter to the sides, so they will be less likely to blind oncoming traffic. Since they sit lower than your headlights, you should still be able to aim them high enough to really light up the road in front of you, though, which is exactly why you want them in the first place.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:21 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Huckleberryjeep
I want more light when I'm driving around and I want to put them in the fog light cutouts.

Do I go with vision x? Rigid D1? D2?

If I go with Rigids, what beam should I go with? driving? does Diffusion put to much light every where?

I want the most light possible but I don't want to blind everyone that's driving towards me.

Thanks in advanced
I did this on my jeep and I went with the d1's

I also have a d2 for backing up and I thought the d2's would just be too bright

I know that David at Northridge and Tim who makes the BDF stuff are running d2's and they are very happy

If your going with the BDF fog light bracket check out the thread I wrote about installing them, I think it will help explain the steps

Matthew
Old 04-04-2012, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

I just added these http://www.dashzracing.com/07-09-jee...-dm05-c-1.html in conjunction with the truck light L.E.D. Headlights, I feel like Zuece now whenever I point the jeep at something.

Quick Reply: vision X vs D1 vs D2 - fog lights