Notices
Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler Overall Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler technical discussion bulletin board forum. This includes all Jeep Wranglers made between 1987-2006 and includes models such as the Unlimited, Rubicon, Sahara, Sport and X.

Popping out of 4wd low

Old 06-14-2012, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sahara707
Putting in the Terra-flex shifter bracket to take the linkage off the body side. The 1" lift tweaks the angle of the shifter linkage. Terra-flex shifter mounts just to the transfer case. Going o Hollister next weekend to test it out...
I haven't had any issues since I put the Teraflex adapter in. Bolts only to the transfer case. The stock linkage connects to the frame and the transfer case.when I put the body-lift in, it change the angle of the stock linkage and keep popping out. In my case Problem Solved.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the Novak Cable Shifter Assembly. It removes the really crummy factory brackets and linkages and replaces them with a high quality cable and new brackets. Compared to the factory shifter, this shifts through all ranges like butter. A GREAT mod for the money in my opinion.

Since my original was rusted and was just completely covered in mud and dirt, it took me about two hours to remove. However, the new cable only took me about 30 minutes to instal and adjust (by myself, in the dark).

rokmen.com/drivetrain-mechanical/transfer-case/shifters-and-linkage/novak-cable-shifter-assembly.html

Quick Reply: Popping out of 4wd low