Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

Slickrock Campground Moab Utah

Old 02-21-2012, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slickrock Campground Moab Utah

I was trying to reserve a space for Easter Jeep Safari 2012, I found a spot at Slickrock Campground for $39.00/night. I reserved two nights on the 6th and 7th, upon getting my confirmation I see I am being charged $219.00 and $38.20 for processing. I call several times and email several times to be ignored. I finally contacted the Better Business Bureau for help. In the add for Slickrock Campground it says they do not change prices for special events or holidays.
I have since found other accomidations but want everyone else to be aware of what is going on at Slickrock Campground. Hopefully they will make this right but are just ignoring me so far.

BEWARE
Old 02-23-2012, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thats really stupid, good for you going to the bbb & also I hate that when people don't return phone calls

Last edited by Jkwheelin; 02-25-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Finally got a reply from Slickrock, they stated Easter Jeep Safari has a minimum rental of 5 days. So much for not raising the price for holidays or special events. Still fighting to get my money back and BBB is waiting to hear from them to continue with my claim.
BEWARE
Old 02-25-2012, 02:58 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Home page....

Flat Rate Pricing (We don't change our pricing for events or holidays.)
Under their new policies section.

Policies
You are responsible for reading and being aware of the policies, especially for special events and holidays.
Sites are first-come-first-served. We do not mainain a waiting list. Keep calling to get a site when someone cancels.
Be aware of special events and holidays. This may greatly effect availability and rates. Guests or groups causing excessive noise, at the discretion of the owner/manager of the park, will be liable for any refund given to other campers.
Credit card number is required for making a reservation and staying at our campground.

So much for them saying their rates don't change. They just stick it to you with a minimum # of days. It is misleading the way it is on their site. They need to unfuck their wording.You should screen shot those pages on their site before they change them.

Last edited by mkjeep; 02-25-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you told them you were reserving 2 nights during a week that they require a 5 night minimum, they should have told you right then!

On the other hand, it is not uncommon for campgrounds to require a minimum length of stay during holidays our special events. We run into that all the time, however all the ones I've been to with those policies are very clear about it!
Old 02-26-2012, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well after having an Attorney send them a letter I finally got a refund of my $38.40. Just want to let everyone else know what these people are doing to Jeepers. I took screen shots and also printed them on paper so I would have them. They try to come off as a good business but then you see after you reserve a spot they hit you hard.
Just Beware I am sure there are others out there as well.
Originally Posted by mkjeep
Home page....

Flat Rate Pricing (We don't change our pricing for events or holidays.)
Under their new policies section.

Policies
You are responsible for reading and being aware of the policies, especially for special events and holidays.
Sites are first-come-first-served. We do not mainain a waiting list. Keep calling to get a site when someone cancels.
Be aware of special events and holidays. This may greatly effect availability and rates. Guests or groups causing excessive noise, at the discretion of the owner/manager of the park, will be liable for any refund given to other campers.
Credit card number is required for making a reservation and staying at our campground.

So much for them saying their rates don't change. They just stick it to you with a minimum # of days. It is misleading the way it is on their site. They need to unfuck their wording.You should screen shot those pages on their site before they change them.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

The KOA in Moab also has a minumun legth of stay requirement but they tell you up front. I quite going there because they kept jacking the price up and requiring a minumun 5 nights which was only a couple hundred dollors less than a Hotel room for the same time period and I didn't have to haul everything down to Moab and didn't have to pay for more gas too. I have since found a house to rent that is even cheeper than the hotels and not much more than the camp grounds (other than the BLM ones along the Colorado River). The sad thing is that the hotels and campgrounds know that you are at their mercy during the Jeep Safari.

Quick Reply: Slickrock Campground Moab Utah