Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP v2.403

Old 11-19-2012, 04:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whpony96
Yep, I stand corrected. You may proceed to the final update....Enjoy!
Updated from V1.055 to V2.403.

Worked beautifully. Many thanks.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:20 AM
JK Newbie

Default Successful Update

Nope they are completely separate updates.

The Gracenotes update needs to be burned to a DVD since its so big.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uwumf55aj3zt0t4

The OS update can be burned to a CD.

http://www.mediafire.com/?pz7gto7q8pted84
2008 JK with RER MyGig - still on original OS when purchased (9.807) although I have updated the nav database in the past.

I just downloaded the files above & burned to disc (CD for OS upgrade & DVD for Gracenotes upgrade) using Nero 12 - burned just fine.

Just upgraded OS from 9.807 to 2.403 using the instructions in this forum - worked just fine - didn't even mess up my radio presets. Took about 10 minutes total (but I don't have any music saved on my HDD).

There is a total upgrade process bar you see during the upgrade - beware that the system will first validate the disk then do the upgrade - and the total upgrade process bar that is displayed resets between disk validation and actual upgrade.

I'll report back after the Gracenotes upgrade.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jcjensen
2008 JK with RER MyGig - still on original OS when purchased (9.807) although I have updated the nav database in the past.

I just downloaded the files above & burned to disc (CD for OS upgrade & DVD for Gracenotes upgrade) using Nero 12 - burned just fine.

Just upgraded OS from 9.807 to 2.403 using the instructions in this forum - worked just fine - didn't even mess up my radio presets. Took about 10 minutes total (but I don't have any music saved on my HDD).

There is a total upgrade process bar you see during the upgrade - beware that the system will first validate the disk then do the upgrade - and the total upgrade process bar that is displayed resets between disk validation and actual upgrade.

I'll report back after the Gracenotes upgrade.
Just did the Gracenotes upgrade - went from 1120 to 4620 - took about 20 minutes - not a single hitch.

Thanks again
Old 01-22-2013, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Default Mygig Update

I just installed an RER head unit and found that the software update version is 9.715. I see that most have 9.713. What version do I have and can I upgrade to the v2.403 directly? I attempted to play my music on my iphone 5 and it did absolutely nothing. Will the new software update allow me to play my iphone 5 music? Thank you in advance for any input.

Last edited by drewusaf; 01-22-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just successfully updated to 2.4.03. I have a successful burned CD if anyone is interested. Contact me via private message. The only cost is my expense getting it to you.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Question

whpony96,

I have been using your info to update my JK's RER (added an '09 to my '07) for a few years now. Greatly appreciated!

The disks where also used when I added another '09 RER to my '08 Grand Caravan (both vehicles with the High Speed CANBUS). I just traded the Grand Caravan for an '08 Durango and got a LOW Speed RER for it, and I have a few questions:

1) Can the same disks be used to update the Low Speed CANBUS RER radios as the High Speed CANBUS ones?

2) It has the elusive version 1.055. It seems to have been clarified that I do not need to go to 9.7.13 and then 2.403, but I am OK to go straight to 2.403?

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	553
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	434850

3) The Durango has the VES. Do all updates support the VES?

Thanks!

Darren

Last edited by dukedar; 03-16-2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Added photo.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dukedar
whpony96,

I have been using your info to update my JK's RER (added an '09 to my '07) for a few years now. Greatly appreciated!

The disks where also used when I added another '09 RER to my '08 Grand Caravan (both vehicles with the High Speed CANBUS). I just traded the Grand Caravan for an '08 Durango and got a LOW Speed RER for it, and I have a few questions:

1) Can the same disks be used to update the Low Speed CANBUS RER radios as the High Speed CANBUS ones?

2) It has the elusive version 1.055. It seems to have been clarified that I do not need to go to 9.7.13 and then 2.403, but I am OK to go straight to 2.403?

Attachment 434850

3) The Durango has the VES. Do all updates support the VES?

Thanks!

Darren
As long as it is a RER REP or REW on the outer right hand lower corner of the MyGig faceplate your good to go..

Yes you can go directly to the latest update without upgrading in steps..

Yes it totally supports VES!

Enjoy!
Old 03-16-2013, 09:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by drewusaf
I just installed an RER head unit and found that the software update version is 9.715. I see that most have 9.713. What version do I have and can I upgrade to the v2.403 directly? I attempted to play my music on my iphone 5 and it did absolutely nothing. Will the new software update allow me to play my iphone 5 music? Thank you in advance for any input.
Yes you can go directly to the latest version!

No the hardware needed for the Iphone is not inside the Mygig so it will not work that way. But you can play the music from the Iphone by using the AUX port on the front.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

As long as it is a RER REP or REW on the outer right hand lower corner of the MyGig faceplate your good to go..

Yes you can go directly to the latest update without upgrading in steps..

Yes it totally supports VES!

Enjoy!
OK, I just picked up 2.403! I never bothered with the JK as it has 2.402, but will do both it and the Durango today! BTW, my photo shows RER on the low speed

I just noticed that the burning instructions at mofv seem to be gone. Are there still special burning settings when using the ISO?

Thanks!

Darren
Old 03-17-2013, 11:14 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dukedar
OK, I just picked up 2.403! I never bothered with the JK as it has 2.402, but will do both it and the Durango today! BTW, my photo shows RER on the low speed

I just noticed that the burning instructions at mofv seem to be gone. Are there still special burning settings when using the ISO?

Thanks!

Darren
Yea the site goes down often....but it always comes back up eventually.

As for burning the the .iso to a disc just make sure you always burn it at the slowest speed available..(The nice part about a .iso it will automatically make all the other selections for you. All you have to do is select the slowest burning speed)

Quick Reply: New MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP v2.403