Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP v2.403

Old 01-02-2015, 11:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

My current application version is: 1.055, Gracenotes:883

Does anybody know if updating MyGiG to the newest version interferes or removes the current existing Nav Maps or MP3 songs?! I fair losing the maps after completing the update to 2.403

Thanks,
Old 01-08-2015, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Default RER Mygig HDD Sound Issue

Really hoping someone can help. I have an 08 Commander with a RER Mygig. Problem is I cannot get sound when playing from the HDD. I have tried a number of things including disconnecting the battery, replacing IOD fuse and even replacing the harddrive. I also downloaded the most recent software and set the system back to factory settings. All other sound works in he system, just not while playing music via the HDD. Any suggestions?
Old 05-07-2015, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jwilson2598
There are updates out there for both your application and Gracenotes. Sox has them on his download site, let me know if you have trouble finding them. Should be 2.184 application and 5311 I believe for Gracenotes.
Late reply, but thanks. I'll download these updates & try the install.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried both the Gracenotes & Application Software update & had no luck. Nothing popped up when I inserted the Gracenotes update disc & when I inserted the application software disc it said it was the wrong software.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is old, but has there been any updates after 2.404? Navteq offers an update but don't provide version number.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:48 PM
JK Newbie

Default 730N RER no maps

I updated to the latest version, but my system still shows no maps. Should I see a file on my hdd for maps? I don't want to pay for maps if the system doesn't work that's $150 that could be spent elsewhere.
Old 07-04-2016, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SoulFire
I updated to the latest version, but my system still shows no maps. Should I see a file on my hdd for maps? I don't want to pay for maps if the system doesn't work that's $150 that could be spent elsewhere.
You may need to go into engineering mode seek up and down menu button and look at the Navigation data base. DO NOT TOUCH the TOUCH SCREEN CALIBRATION. YOU WILL HAVE ISSUES. USE THE ENGINEERINRING SCREEN AT YOUR OWN RISK?
Old 07-04-2016, 02:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Eandras
You may need to go into engineering mode seek up and down menu button and look at the Navigation data base. DO NOT TOUCH the TOUCH SCREEN CALIBRATION. YOU WILL HAVE ISSUES. USE THE ENGINEERINRING SCREEN AT YOUR OWN RISK?
What am I looking for in engineering mode?
Old 07-04-2016, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SoulFire
What am I looking for in engineering mode?
There is a Navigation database software listing. This will provide information to the current version
Old 07-05-2016, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Eandras
There is a Navigation database software listing. This will provide information to the current version
Software is up to date 2.404 but I have no maps, my POI gives me info for the Virgin Islands, my where am I gives the wrong lattitude longitude and elevation. I tried the factory reset the only thing it did was erase recent places and the HDD music and pictures. Yes the state and country are set. Do I have to subscribe to Sirius to use the navigation.

Quick Reply: New MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP v2.403