Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP v2.403

Old 07-07-2016, 03:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoulFire
Software is up to date 2.404 but I have no maps, my POI gives me info for the Virgin Islands, my where am I gives the wrong lattitude longitude and elevation. I tried the factory reset the only thing it did was erase recent places and the HDD music and pictures. Yes the state and country are set. Do I have to subscribe to Sirius to use the navigation.
Sirius is only for traffic and travel link which may not be available outside of the Continental United States. You ar not seeing the maps or are the maps just wrong?

i know in the engineering mode has an ar a were you can put in coordinates for longitude and latitude. Is the radio original to the Jeep or did you buy it used from another jeep owner?

May have to go to dealer.

Ed
Old 07-07-2016, 05:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Eandras
Sirius is only for traffic and travel link which may not be available outside of the Continental United States. You ar not seeing the maps or are the maps just wrong? i know in the engineering mode has an ar a were you can put in coordinates for longitude and latitude. Is the radio original to the Jeep or did you buy it used from another jeep owner? May have to go to dealer. Ed
I tried the free subscription to Sirius and that doesn't work either. I'm guessing it's the satellite antenna or lack of. Not looking forward to taking the dash apart to check the back of the stereo
Old 07-07-2016, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

Bought the jeep used looks like factory but unsure. The radio works fine, the hard drive seems to be fine took the update fine. The sat. on the screen has 0 next to it so thinking I'm not connecting to the satellite
Old 07-07-2016, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bought the jeep used looks like factory but unsure. The radio works fine, the hard drive seems to be fine took the update fine. The sat. on the screen has 0 next to it so thinking I'm not connecting to the satellite
Let's se if you are connecting to the satellite. Go into the engineering menus. On page 2 of 6 select navigation information. This will giv you your longitude and latitude. And all your GPS satellite information. Hit the STATS button you should see how many satllites you are getting. The readings on each are listed in dB.

On page 4 of 6 select versions and you should be atIO controller 2.600. SH4:NYG4_RER_DEV_2.600

GPS: 5.0. Scroll down from the GPS5.00 using the screen don arrows you should see NVV:acios_db.ini
NAB: SDS_Data.iso
NAV:POI_Data.iso

screen down arrow
NAV:SDS
NAV:POI

if you have all the files you should be good to go. I have a feeling that you may not have the correct antenna on your jeep. Did the NAV work previously? Did NAV just sop working?
Old 07-07-2016, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Has not worked since I got the jeep, but there was info in the recent places so it looks like it was working at one time
Old 07-07-2016, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

Looks like lots of satellites with no connection. I have the files but they are not 2.6 they are 2.404
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3852392478.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	501.4 KB
ID:	651817  
Old 07-07-2016, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like lots of satellites with no connection. I have the files but they are not 2.6 they are 2.404
This information narrowed down to the following:

antenna not working or not present
antenna not connected to radio
access to satellites from your location.

check to,see if you have a satellite antenna on the top,of the sport bar. Here in the US it is located on the right side looking out from the vehicle. If it is not there that is part of the problem and you will need to install antenna.

I have no way of testing the antenna.

next I would check behind the radio for the antenna if is there. Make sure that the antenna is connected if not attaché to connector on back.

The dash removal is easy to do With many videos on youtube

Last edited by Eandras; 07-07-2016 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:50 AM
JK Newbie

Default wrong disk for software update

Hi guys I have been trying to update my RER unit it has application 9.668, I have burned the files using the instructions on SOX website, I have followed them to a tee using Nero Express but when I insert the CD-r it says do you want to update from 9.668 to 9.713, I hit yes and then I get a message saying " wrong disk for software update. update aborted."

fixed burned disk on a different computer and it worked but now after updating my radio, sat radio, vr and phone do not work. ii says activating when vr and phone button pressed. the aux works and nav work though.

how can i fix this, i already tried dis connecting fuse 36 o my 2008 charger.

Last edited by carlos1984; 11-06-2017 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

Default update 9.713 corrupts the system

Originally Posted by 69mach1
2008 Sahara w/factory NAV RER

All was fine(HHD music, DVD player, NAV, Sirius, Lockpic backup camera) before I started except that the RER did not "see" my Iphone 4S.

application: 9.665
grace notes: 534
database: RS6-N-1060642
SDS: 131574
ser: TooBE032850812
system 6816 006 3.5

I purchased the Mygig update package on Ebay (didn't find this blog till after) Followed directions to the tee, unfortunately after loading the first disc 9.713 things went downhill It did all the correct things but at the end never came up with the the prompt to load so I could say no, nor did the radio volume turn back on to let you know it was done. I waited a couple hours but no go. I verified the software did update to 9.713. Problem is now it won’t read this CD or the next CD to move forward(DVD player does not spin up) Also the radio is inop as in no sound, no play music on the hard drive or the AM/FM radio, sees it but won’t play The backup camera still comes on but not every time or right away. When you hit Satellite it says "module failure". I did the Engineering reset back to factory default but it made no difference except that all my music on the hard drive is gone so something worked... only thing I haven't done yet is remove the fuse to the NAV or disconnect the Lock Pick.

I would really like to get my Radio and NAV working properly again, and clues or advice how to make it happen

Thanks in advance for a solution

I did the same thing and rthe 9.713 update did the same thing to my RER , not fixable unless the mainboard is replaced. Cannot update since the cd/dvd does not read anything.i have seen some people flashing the fpga on mmi 3g from AUDI , their radios are made by the same company HARMAN BECKER. I opened the RER and it has the same connector, I just dont know what flash or what pins to connect.
If anyone is updating do not use 9.713 , go directly to 2.404, what bugs me the most is that SOX say to update to 9.713 and then to 2.404 but on another forum admits to the 9.713 update damaging the system and to not use it. Instead use 2.404

EDIT
found a fix, it does take a bit of work, you have to disassemble your radio, you will also need a ftdi serial adapter, I used a canbus adapter since I did not have the radio in the car any more, but you will not need it if you are willing to do all this in your car, a small 3 pin switch , or you can manually make the connections.
Also a 12v power supply if doing this out of your car.
I am working on a write up if people are interested but I got mine up and working, I will need a new hdd but everything else is working great.

Last edited by carlos1984; 06-25-2018 at 11:26 PM. Reason: FOUND A FIX
Old 06-26-2018, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Default BAD update 9.713 no sound fixed

Originally Posted by 69mach1
2008 Sahara w/factory NAV RER

All was fine(HHD music, DVD player, NAV, Sirius, Lockpic backup camera) before I started except that the RER did not "see" my Iphone 4S.

application: 9.665
grace notes: 534
database: RS6-N-1060642
SDS: 131574
ser: TooBE032850812
system 6816 006 3.5

I purchased the Mygig update package on Ebay (didn't find this blog till after) Followed directions to the tee, unfortunately after loading the first disc 9.713 things went downhill It did all the correct things but at the end never came up with the the prompt to load so I could say no, nor did the radio volume turn back on to let you know it was done. I waited a couple hours but no go. I verified the software did update to 9.713. Problem is now it won’t read this CD or the next CD to move forward(DVD player does not spin up) Also the radio is inop as in no sound, no play music on the hard drive or the AM/FM radio, sees it but won’t play The backup camera still comes on but not every time or right away. When you hit Satellite it says "module failure". I did the Engineering reset back to factory default but it made no difference except that all my music on the hard drive is gone so something worked... only thing I haven't done yet is remove the fuse to the NAV or disconnect the Lock Pick.

I would really like to get my Radio and NAV working properly again, and clues or advice how to make it happen

Thanks in advance for a solution
I know this is quite a bit late but if anyone is having the same problem, there is hope you can fix it you just need a few tools , you have to open the unit and solder three wires to it and connect an FTDI serial adapter to it.
My mainboard was corrupted by a bad 9.713 update and I was not getting sound from am fm sat, disk would not read, etc, I connected a FTDI to the radio to read what was wrong and , it kept saying something about EFSAPPS error, so after a half year of tinkering I am proud to say that I have figured out how to get the unit working again by flashing the unit using an FTDI serial adapter, a CANBUS adapter since I was doing the work on a bench and not in my car. The canbus adapter was just to send the Radio a turn on signal. I am working on a write up, also this is not for the faint of heart or inexperienced, I have spent quite a bit of money on CAnbus controllers, bought 3 different ones, original hard drives , the hard drive images , 4 different serial adapters, etc. I did all this because people kept telling me that it was not possible to fix at home and that I would have to send it to them for a larger fee, so they could replace the main board. LOL

I

Quick Reply: New MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP v2.403