Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Anyone test drive new 2012 Wrangler?

Old 09-17-2011, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone test drive new 2012 Wrangler?

yep, My wife and I got to test drive a new 2012 Wrangler Sport.
Wow, talk about 40% more HP. 26% more get up from 0 -60 MPH.
I've got a 2010 Wrangler and I sure could tell the "big" difference.
Would like to trade up.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drove the rubicon unlimited and it had a lot of power. If I were going to trade in for a new one I would sure get the rubicon. Don't see any point in trading in just for the engine. If I were getting my first one then might go for the sport to save money on first go round, but no way I would trade in what I have for anyting less than a rubi.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

i test drove a 12 unliminted sport with 35's and 2.5 skyjacker lift and was impressed. it was much better then my 02 x. so i ordered a white one
Old 09-17-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

We not only TEST drove one, we now OWN one!!! A 2012 Rubi 2 door!!! Adds a nice touch to my 08!!!!!

and by the way??! is IT freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! OllllllO
Old 09-17-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome
I'm a little envious. :beerCongrats to you!
Old 09-17-2011, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 2012 Wrangler

Originally Posted by genesbro
I drove the rubicon unlimited and it had a lot of power. If I were going to trade in for a new one I would sure get the rubicon. Don't see any point in trading in just for the engine. If I were getting my first one then might go for the sport to save money on first go round, but no way I would trade in what I have for anyting less than a rubi.
I never should have driven the new Jeep
We have a super nice 2010 Wrangler Sahara, but after test driving and feeling the power of the new motor makes me very itchy to trade up. YOU CAN'T believe the difference until you step into one and try it out.
40% more HP is awesome
Old 09-17-2011, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by magnum306
Awesome
I'm a little envious. :beerCongrats to you!
Awww, cheer up, Buttercup!! its OK...

I was very envious of a two Jeep Family, too, until we got our second!!! you can now live vicariously thru us!!!!!
It is awesome!!!!
We actually took it out today, for its "Virgin" Run, but to our dismay, they GRADED the trails!!!!!! YIKES!!! NOT very challenging, but we still had a good time!!!!

OlllllO

Old 09-17-2011, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great pics of your "new" (second) Jeep!
This will drive me crazy until I get a new one we only have 10K miles on our 2010 Sahara.
Glad to see your a two Jeep family.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JnRStel
We not only TEST drove one, we now OWN one!!! A 2012 Rubi 2 door!!! Adds a nice touch to my 08!!!!!

and by the way??! is IT freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! OllllllO
Congrats on the rubi, looking good. Hope to have my second jeep one of these days also and it will also be a rubi.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks!!!!

Heres the quicky story behind this new acquisition...

I traded my 03 Mach 1 in for a '10 Challenger R/T Super Trak Pack, for my hubby!! This was last October.. My Mach had 11, 477 miles on it...
It only went out on sunny days, except for Ford at Carlisle. Then it ALWAYS rained!! LOL!!

It was time... And he had his eye set on the R/T.. Awesome car!!

However. this year, Jeep just HAD to come out with the revised motor, which has always been a bone of contention to us of my 08...

We took one out.... WOW... He made the decision to trade in his 10 Chally... Only had 4,235 miles on it. But we did go to NC twice and NY once
with it!! AWESOME trip car!! Biggest issue, was, he was always paranoid when we parked somewhere...

We went to several dealers and seemed to get screwed on the Challys worth... Then we went to Len Stoller, in Westminster MD... Josh REALLY
worked at getting us the most for the Chally, and to get us into a Rubi for what we wanted as a monthly payment!!
They were great to deal with!!

So, yesterday, we drove it to VA to take it on Peters Mill Run, and the torque, gears, etc were truly amazing!!!!

Hubby says he has NO REGRETS at ALL, for the Chally trade in.. I am sooo glad to hear that!!!!

LOVE having two Jeeps!!!!! Now, we just need to work on our son and talk him into selling his trucks (2) and getting a WHITE Jeep!!!! LOL!!!!

OlllllO Long Live Jeep!!!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone test drive new 2012 Wrangler?