Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

best spark plugs?

Old 04-20-2012, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best spark plugs?

I have a cold air intake and superchips flashpaq. I have a slight oil-buring issue and just changed an oily PCV valve. Plugs are a bit burnt, but not black. What do y'all recommend with a factory ignition? I don't want to start changing everything under the hood for the sake of reliability and longevity... I have owned 4 Jeeps and modified them all, but this is my first JK and I plan to keep it under 35s and still get decent power and gas mileage. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2012, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Your Jeep will run best on the Stock O.E. Spark Plugs... Truth..!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:48 PM
JK Newbie

What about eł plugs, are they as good as they claim? I prefer autollites but heard alot talk about eł

Sent by the force....
Old 04-20-2012, 08:57 PM
JK Freak

X2 on OEM plugs. No need to get fancy with plugs until you start playing with forced induction or higher HP applications. Save your money!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buddy of mine put the e3's in his 08 JKR. It ran horrible. Was very rough idling and when he was driving and hit WOT it would hesitate a lot. He also put on performance wires and coil pack. He went back to stock pack and plugs and kept the performance wires on and ran good and got a little better mgp. The e3's were designed for high performance vehicles, muscle, tuners, and race cars. Another buddy put them in his RSX type S and had quite a bit of other performance mods on it and the e3's worked great. Horrible for our Jeeps though.

Quick Reply: best spark plugs?