Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Hothead Headliners review

Old 04-25-2012, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hothead Headliners review

Thought I would share this in case anyone is interested.

I decided to order the Hothead Headliners last week and they where delivered today. Shipping was cheap and get this, no customs charges or anything. Sweet! Mark was a nice guy and easy to deal with over the phone and email.

I got the whole kit for my JKU including the rear window panels in Black. Installation took me about 20mins including wiping down the hard top with alcohol.

Although these are made for insulating the hard top, I bought them in hopes that they would help the overall sound in the Heep. Insulation against hot & cold was just a bonus feature for me. I only had a chance to drive home from work (about 35min) and man what a difference. Overall noise is the cabin is greatly reduced and the stock sound system sounds a hell of a lot better. The sound is much clearer and I can now actually hear the left to right stereo imaging. I don't notice the frequencies getting all muddied up from bouncing around inside the tin can either. As an added bonus, I didn't even have to turn the heat on - not that it was very cold today. Plus, as an extra added bonus, they look pretty sweet.

So far, I'm gonna have to say that I'm very happy with this purchase and I'd definitely recommend this to anyone.

FYI - I decided to go with the velcro over the 3M tape because I figure the liners would be easy to remove should they get dirty or should I decide to take 'em out of the Heep for some reason. The 3M is more of a permanent installation and would destroy the liners upon removal.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

- Home
Old 04-25-2012, 06:36 PM
JK Newbie

This is from the site

2011 - 2012 Headliner Kits -
Old 04-25-2012, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the review. I am looking to pick these up for my JKUR that I have on order.
I couldn’t decide on the Velcro or 3m, but you just helped me decide to get the Velcro too.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:37 PM
JK Newbie

Let us know how it holds up in the summer heat especially if you have a black top.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

This is from the site

Old 04-25-2012, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

oops, Don't know how I reposted that but oh well....
Old 04-26-2012, 12:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DanBlan
This is from the site

I like this
Old 04-26-2012, 12:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

DanBlan is absolutely correct, these things are awesome with an OEM quality fit and finish. I got the brown which look great with the brown leather in my 2012 Rubicon and function very well.

If you're military, be sure to get the discount that Mark offers to service members.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:52 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hotheads Representative

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hothead Headliners Memorial Day Sale

The heat of the summer is here, so keep a cool head with one of our Hothead Headliner Kits. CLICK HERE see them on our web site.
Or give us a call: 714-872-2071

thanks,

Mark
Old 06-04-2012, 04:45 PM
JK Newbie

Anybody with these notice better sound from the stereo? How about the road noise?

Quick Reply: Hothead Headliners review