Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Midland cb radio (one unit)? Help

Old 05-02-2012, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midland cb radio (one unit)? Help

Has anyone had any experience with the cb radio made by midland thefts all built into the mic (handset). I'm debating on buying one so I don't have to make ante holes in my plastic for mounting a regular cb unit.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

If your talking about the 75-822 yes I use one while out on the trail. Works well and I can remove it when I don't need.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:24 AM
JK Newbie

Yes that would be the one. Im undecided between that one and the cobra 75. What's my best bet
Old 05-02-2012, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

Yes that's it. I'm undecided between that one and the cobra 75.another hand held one.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:27 AM
JK Super Freak

The Midland has the advantage of working on batteries so you can take it with you wherever you go. I'm planning to get one sometime this year.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the midland and it works fine.

The midland comes with cig lighter pig tail cable while the cobra unit plugs into a box you are supposed to wire the power up to the battery and leave that box installed even when you take the handset out.

So the midland is easier to completely remove but you will have more wires out while using it (running coax to the pig tail and plugging into the cig lighter and having another cable up to the mic) With the Cobra 75 you can install the box under the dash and run the coax and power to there then when you are using it you have less cables. When you want to "remove" the cb you just take out the cable that runs from the box to the handset.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got one and like it so far.
I have absolutely no experience with CB's, so take my opinion for what its worth.
Seems pretty simple to use, I like the fact that it came with an option to use AA batteries, or rechargeable (came w/ the charger and everything) or run it off the cigarette lighter.
I haven’t picked up much on the antenna it came with. But the weather channel comes in strong and I’ve heard some strange people on channel 6.
I purchased the cool tech ultramount (mounts on the license plate frame of the JK ) and am going to try and install it tonight.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

I looked at both the Cobra and Midland. I got the Midland because it can go portable. It's worked great so far.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:58 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you guts much for you knowledge and opinions. This helps think I'll go with the midland.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Guys not guts

Quick Reply: Midland cb radio (one unit)? Help