Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New rancho lift kit???

Old 05-16-2012, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New rancho lift kit???

Looking at the lift for my 12 JK, was set on the teraflex 2.5 with bilstein 5100, but with the rancho deal I get fully adjustable shocks and 3 in with control arms! for less! I was wondering if anyone has it on, the 3 in trail kit with the RS9000XL shocks?
Old 05-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by djcamis
Looking at the lift for my 12 JK, was set on the teraflex 2.5 with bilstein 5100, but with the rancho deal I get fully adjustable shocks and 3 in with control arms! for less! I was wondering if anyone has it on, the 3 in trail kit with the RS9000XL shocks?
They just launched at the beginning of the month. I have driven in JK's with a 4" SPORT (new) and 4" CRAWLER both great.
The TRAIL systems will be amazing, especially with the rebate going on right now.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:23 AM
JK Newbie

I'm wondering same thing and looking at same TF kit as you. Also considering (on the slightly higher end) Full Traction 3" kit with control arms.

So any feedback would be great on the rancho !
Old 05-17-2012, 06:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one in a box in my garage. Just got it yesterday. Hoping to install this weekend. I'll let ya know if I get the time.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by keithvegas
I have one in a box in my garage. Just got it yesterday. Hoping to install this weekend. I'll let ya know if I get the time.
Keith did you order it with the exhaust spacer? and from what site? and one more question if you dont mind, How much?!

Cheers,
Camis
Old 05-17-2012, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pooneej
I'm wondering same thing and looking at same TF kit as you. Also considering (on the slightly higher end) Full Traction 3" kit with control arms.

So any feedback would be great on the rancho !
it being relatively new might take a bit for some feedback, but we shall wait on keith!
Old 05-17-2012, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by djcamis
it being relatively new might take a bit for some feedback, but we shall wait on keith!
haha - I'm definitely in no rush.. I dont even have my Jeep yet !
I ordered it on 4/28 so probably wont see it until mid june I'm guessing

Rancho 3" Trail System in Black for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

with the RS9000 shocks its under $1500. so for me on the higher end side (like the Full Traction) but I dont want to spend money twice so if its worth it then I'll just save for it
Old 05-17-2012, 06:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel like a guinea pig, maybe a pioneer? Anywho, I got it from Bryan at www.4wd.com

I don't know if I should throw his quote up but if you PM him here, his screen name is Bustabizz, he can quote you himself.

I will say that there is only one online retailer that has the 3" trail with the 9000xl shocks on their web page so far and for about the price they list it I got JKS Quicker Disconnects, the exhaust crossover pipe, the full kit and shipping. If you pay list price you are way over paying. I did much better than $1500 and I went with Rancho's exhaust piece.

I was seriously considering the AEV dualsport 2.5" but with the $500 rebate I'm saving almost $200 going with the Rancho. One other point for me is the fact that you get brake line extensions for the front. Reading AEV's directions it looked like you were jury rigging the stock lines to the shocks. Seemed a bit hokey.

Last edited by keithvegas; 05-17-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by keithvegas
I feel like a guinea pig, maybe a pioneer? Anywho, I got it from Bryan at Jeep Parts, Jeep Accessories, & Jeep Tops

I don't know if I should throw his quote up but if you PM him here, his screen name is Bustabizz, he can quote you himself.

I will say that there is only one online retailer that has the 3" trail with the 9000xl shocks on their web page so far and for about the price they list it I got JKS Quicker Disconnects, the exhaust crossover pipe, the full kit and shipping. If you pay list price you are way over paying. I did much better than $1500 and I went with Rancho's exhaust piece.

I was seriously considering the AEV dualsport 2.5" but with the $500 rebate I'm saving almost $200 going with the Rancho. One other point for me is the fact that you get brake line extensions for the front. Reading AEV's directions it looked like you were jury rigging the stock lines to the shocks. Seemed a bit hokey.
Alright I will message him!!
As for performance parts what are you running? An are you going to regear? I believe my JK Has the the 3.21, if they will be good with the ratio?
Old 05-17-2012, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

I orderd the 3" Rancho from Bryan on Tue. this week. The first couple of times I called he was not avaiable and I talked to some other guys. Don't do it. Wait and talk to Bryan. I got a great deal and he is familiar with the new lift.

Quick Reply: New rancho lift kit???