Notices
GPS & Geocaching If you're looking for information regarding GPS or are interested in Geocaching, this is the forum for you.

Cache Making

Old 08-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cache Making

I've been having some fun putting caches together to hide. Here are a couple. I'd like to get into making some of the harder to find caches like fake outlets, rocks, etc. Post some pics of yours if you've made some.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

made some more urban caches. Nearly invisible to muggles.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

And some more invisible caches.
$3 drain geocache from Lowes.

3" cap and 3" drain cover Sealed with a piece of plastic cut into a circle and hot-glue-gunned in. You have to sand down the connecting points to allow them to be opened easily. The seal is still water tight.

Mossy hockey puck. Literally.

And the mossy waterproof match container.

Here is a larger version of the Drain Geocache that is in use. Instead of the 3" cap I used a 3" coupler and an old water bottle bottom.

Last edited by JKid; 09-01-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love it, very Nice
Old 09-03-2010, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I really dig those! I am still new enough that I probably wouldn't have found the drain. I've never seen one like that. Frikkin Cool! Your outlets are sweet as well. Do you have to have a screwdriver to open them? That's one item not in our caching bag.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by txdiamond17
I really dig those! I am still new enough that I probably wouldn't have found the drain. I've never seen one like that. Frikkin Cool! Your outlets are sweet as well. Do you have to have a screwdriver to open them? That's one item not in our caching bag.
Thanks! I would miss them too. The hint for these caches is "invisible to muggles" so it makes you think out of the box!

I have a screwdriver in the conduit yes. The skinny one with the elbow: I cut a hole in the cap of a 35mm canister and hot-glue-gunned it to the bottom of the long piece of conduit so that I could place a small screwdriver into it. Then I buried the cache up to the lid of the 35mm so that it has to be lifted out and the screwdriver drops out! lol It was obviously summer when I made that cache. No way I could put that much thought into one now that school is in session.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:17 AM
JK Freak

very cool... lots of thought put into those... sure beats the usual 50 cal can just sitting out in the desert that i'm used to
Old 11-03-2010, 06:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Those are really cool! The coolest one we found was a nano that was a rusty bolt with a magnet in the head stuck to a chain link fence. we needed tweezers to get the log out.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

Very cool caches. Onethe best I have seen was a Coke magent, that looked like it belonged, stuck on a pepsi machine with the log on the back. Once you realized there was a coke product label on a pepsi machine it was easy. However it took me 20 minutes of looking to realize that.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Those are pretty interesting, cant wait to get out their and find some of this stuff. Seems pretty fun to make them as well.

Quick Reply: Cache Making