Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2011 front power outlet, how to make it always on?

Old 08-01-2012, 11:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 front power outlet, how to make it always on?

In my liberty I moved the M7 fuse position over and it made this outlet constant on regardless of keys being in.

I tried this same method and it seems the M7 fuse must go to the armrest outlet.

Is there a way to make the dash outlet always active?
Old 08-01-2012, 02:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think so. M7 goes to the rear outlet by the sub. I believe the console is m6, and the armrest is m36. Both of which do not have dual positions.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My jk the always on is in the center console.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The front outlet could be wired directly to the battery (with the correct size fuse in the line right next to the battery of course).

I gave this idea up because I wanted more than one outlet. I ran some phat cables to the battery and installed a new fused load center behind the glove box, then mounted a triple outlet against the transmission tunnel just below the dash. Works great.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Freewill
The front outlet could be wired directly to the battery (with the correct size fuse in the line right next to the battery of course).

I gave this idea up because I wanted more than one outlet. I ran some phat cables to the battery and installed a new fused load center behind the glove box, then mounted a triple outlet against the transmission tunnel just below the dash. Works great.
Got any pics?
Old 08-01-2012, 06:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Got any pics?
Bar-B-Que time. I'll try to get back to this. The load center came from a marine supply store, and the triple outlet came from NAPA. A standard 30 amp automotive breaker sits next to the battery.

Quick Reply: 2011 front power outlet, how to make it always on?