Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

round or square lights?

Old 07-10-2012, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default round or square lights?

Wonder peoples thoughts. I have a 20" led bar on my bumper and am wanting to get new leds for windshield brackets to. I'm not sure if I want round or square lights. Square would be different than the jeeps in my area but round is classic look. What's everybodys opinion round or square?
Old 07-10-2012, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm partial to classic round. I think they look bad ass. Sorry or those who like the squares, but I think those remind me of bad 80's or 90's attempt at being hip and different.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not a huge fan of the square, but I like the idea of being a bit different than those around you.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)

I like the round. I'll be purchasing a RR overhead light rack and mounting 5 round 7" lights on it. I've found that the square lights look better with the hardtop jeeps though.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

I agree I like the round one seems to go better with the round lights of the jeep
Old 07-10-2012, 05:20 PM
JK Freak

I've always been a fan of traditional round lights on all of my jeeps, but I have to say that as my jeep continues to evolve into it's next iteration, I'll be looking to replace the old school round lights with LED lightbars in more stealthy shapes and different locations.

Kind of like the Pinzgauer from Thor has:
Click image for larger version

Name:	panzergauer thor.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	339647

Last edited by Rubicon John; 07-11-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:37 PM
JK Freak

I just went through the same dilemma. I went with round non led. I love the led light output but could not find round LEDs in my price range. I couldn't justify 500 bucks for light when I hardly use them. I put 2 6 inch rounds on my bumper. Well, am putting when they show up. Windshield lights I say round. On a roof rack squares would be ok.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Really guys , go with what you want it's about light output not the shape and nobody really cares , I have round and square and not one person ever said to me I can't belove you have square lights , I even got square lights in a round hole
Old 07-10-2012, 06:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Really guys , go with what you want it's about light output not the shape and nobody really cares , I have round and square and not one person ever said to me I can't belove you have square lights , I even got square lights in a round hole
A square peg does not go in a round hole lol. It is about light output and also draw on the battery. I don't need epic light output. That's why I went with cheaper better looking IMO rounds

Oh, nice bumper btw.

Quick Reply: round or square lights?